Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to order a 2020 Rubicon we have a couple questions. We were going to buy the Rubicon but if we do get into more off-roading in the future we have the options that are only on the Rubicon.

First one is tires, they have three choices:

LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires
LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires
LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires

We spend most of our time on street and are looking for the smoothest ride and quietest tire on pave roads? If we decided to do more off-roading tires are easy to change.

We plan on ordering the Jeep and dealer saying 3 to 4 months and wants to make concessions and buy one of the lot. What order times can we expect?

If we upgrade to the steel bumper can it take a winch? Or would would smarter just getting a standard bumper and get after market bumper? We will be towing this behind our motor home.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I getting ready to order a 2020 Rubicon we have a couple questions. We were going to buy the Rubicon but if we do get into more off-roading in the future we have the options that are only on the Rubicon.

First one is tires, they have three choices:

LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road Tires
LT285/70R17C BSW M/T tires
LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road Tires

We spend most of our time on street and are looking for the smoothest ride and quietest tire on pave roads? If we decided to do more off-roading tires are easy to change.

We plan on ordering the Jeep and dealer saying 3 to 4 months and wants to make concessions and buy one of the lot. What order times can we expect?

If we upgrade to the steel bumper can it take a winch? Or would would smarter just getting a standard bumper and get after market bumper? We will be towing this behind our motor home.

I would get the off road tires, not the M/T. The OWL is the same off road tire (all terrain) but with the while letters on the outside (outside white letter). So really I believe there are only 2 tires.

When I ordered my Jeep, I got it in 10 days. Don’t settle for one if it’s not optioned the way you want. Plus i didn’t have to worry about rust underneath from sitting.
The steel bumpers are nice. You will just need to buy a plate to run a winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,516 Posts
When I was shopping for a JL two months ago, dealers kept telling me it was a 6-8 week wait for a factory order. Some orders were arriving as soon as in 4 weeks.

As mentioned above, I'd get the KO2 all-terrain tires --I guess that's what Jeep calls the off-road tires. It is an excellent all-around tire unlike the MTs which are more dedicated for off-road use.

I'd get the factory steel bumper. They look good, and they allow you to fit a winch. Be aware that you will need to buy a mounting plate once you got a winch and are ready to install it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Most factory orders take about 4 weeks. Mine took 4 weeks exactly. Most dealers will tell you 2-3 months to be safe in case something goes wrong in the process(delayed train, supply shortage, etc).

Ordering a vehicle sucks because of the wait and anticipation. Before I ordered I wish I looked harder. A few weeks after ordering I found a few Mojitos that fit my bill just by searching a little harder. That would've saved a month of anxiety. In your case I would order exactly what you want if you really can't find something on the lot. With a large purchase like this you shouldn't sacrifice anything you want.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
What ever you do, inspect it top to bottom and test everything. See how it drives. Don't buy one that needs work.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Inspect all the frame welds and if any look questionable don't accept the Jeep. Drive it on the Xway before accepting it and if there is any looseness in the steering don't accept it.

·
Premium Member
2,794 Posts
My 2020 JLUR came in right around the 4-5 week timeframe as well. No complaints on the order process. I am thrilled. I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

You want the steel bumper and K02 tires. I would also make sure to get the LED lights they are terrific.

I highly advise the dual top option as well.

Good luck. Double, and triple check your order.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the comments.

We are looking at just the standard 7 inch screen and save the 1600 bucks they want for the fancy system with GPS. I was looking at some of the features and one them was "Breadcrumbs feature". Still not wanting to spend the money is there a IPhone app that has that feature?

·
Super Moderator
9,516 Posts
The 8.4” comes with that annoyimg Travel Link, which has these irritating Weather Alerts that take up your entire screen, and can only be deactivated by the dealer or with a Tazer. On the other hand, the 8.4” allows you to do this:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts