Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched through threads similar, but nothing answered what I'm looking for. I'm missing the wire connector for the courtesy light/door ajar switch. I purchased new switches, but found the wire connectors cut off. Anyone know where I can find these or how I wire them to the switch without the connector? There are 2 wires, but in the switch is 3 pins. I want them to work like factory- open door light on door chime, close door light off. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think the third pin is for the dimming feature- close the door, light stays on for another 30 seconds and then dims out. Best bet would be to go to a junk yard, cut the connectors out of another TJ (leave some extra wire on them) and splice them into your existing wires.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Many door switches have both normally open (no), and normally closed (nc) contacts, plus a common. That is so the switch can be used either on when released or off when released. If the pins on the switch are not marked, use a multimeter or a continuity tester to determine which two pins only have continuity when the switch is in it's out position and use those two pins. They will be the common and the nc terminals. The third one won't be used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts