Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone fully covered the half halo of the Evo J with an aftermarket bumper, tape, or similar? I like the headlights, but not liking the upper half halo.

I would even just cover some of the top so it seems to have the "angry" half halo look of just the sides if that makes sense.

·
Registered
125 Posts
At the risk of angry responses, I will ask the obvious question. Those headlights are a significant expense. Why buy them if you don't like what they look like? There plenty of great lights out there without the half Halo. I would suggest maybe selling them on eBay and picking up something else. Just my .02

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
Its easy to delete the half halo... Very carefully and with a steady hand... smash that part of the light with a hammer... It might take a few goes, but if you hit it repeatedly and very carefully you should manage the operation. This has been a public service announcement by GateKeeperWilly

My JWS will get to me next week... They look good to me... The only lights I prefer are the HID Projector Angle Eyes... which Costa' Del Fortune

·
Registered
582 Posts
At the risk of angry responses, I will ask the obvious question. Those headlights are a significant expense. Why buy them if you don't like what they look like? There plenty of great lights out there without the half Halo. I would suggest maybe selling them on eBay and picking up something else. Just my .02

Beam pattern and light output
Top shelf quality
American company to deal with in the event of warranty issues

Those outweigh the Halo.

Tap'd from my 7+
OIIIIIIIO

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
When you're in the Jeep and driving it along a dark road you don't see the halo at all. You see the road. Well.
That's the important thing.

You don't need to look at a quality headlight. You need to look at the road using the light...

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

No there aren't.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'd say 3 of those, yes. That's far from "plenty".
You are saying that four different quality choices is not plenty for aftermarket lights???? I know that people are used to modding their Jeeps and having individual choices... But that is genuinely allot of options... and there are others which I haven't listed...

In fairness, there are dozens of angry eye grill options... so why shouldn't be as many high tech LED lighting options...

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
Oh Yes There Are!

Mopar LED OEM
JW Speaker Evo 2
HID Projector Angle Eyes
Truck Lite
KC Lights

To say otherwise is subjective.
The HID product you listed isn't the good/legal one though. Agree with the rest.
You can even add the Q-tec as being viable. Not really in the same league as JWS, TL, Peterson/KC, but a player.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Just go with the JW Speaker Evo 2 instead, good light, no halo. Northridge 4x4 was able to order mine even after the J-series was out and priced them nice too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts