Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Coverking seat covers.

3370 17
Just wondering if anyone has the coverking neoprene seat covers for the TJ. Wondering how they fit and look. Thinking about ordering them from Quadratech.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3,083 Posts
From what I have read here, if you're looking for waterproof seat covers, neoprene is NOT the way to go. They say that the water will go right through the neoprene.

If you're looking at them as just seat covers, (not waterproof), that's a different story.

Unfortunately, I have nothing to add, because I have never tried then.

· Registered
199 Posts
Plenty of people have them because they are cheap. Yes they fade. But they look good for a season or two. It keeps your seats from getting stained.
As for durability, like I mentioned, a couple of years. If that fits your budget and needs, they work, and you can get a color that matches what you like.

If you want one purchase and never need to worry about your seats again, I recommend trek armor. Spendy but I will attest worth every penny. The material is strong, doesn't stain, has stitched in molle and pockets, comes with molle bags, and best of all made in the US. Stood up to trail riding, cross country move with 3 dogs, weekly trips to dog parks, fishing, camping, etc. Did I mention spendy?

· Registered
203 Posts
I have them from the Previous Owner in the all black flavor. Just over all a cheap product that looks good new and helps to cover up worn or ugly stock interiors.

Pros--- Cheap and they do look good when new. Easy to remove and machine wash.
Cons--- Cheap mass produced Chinese product. They do fade. They are hot and the hardware is crap. Most of the buckles on my set are broken.

Trek Armors will be here on Friday! :beerdrinking:

· Registered
146 Posts
Coverking seat covers are not good. I've had mine for 2 years and have wanted to replace them for a while. They stain very easy ( dang birds took a crap on my passenger seat when the top was off) and if you try to wash them they come out very faded and dull. Not good quality, not waterproof or resistant. Rip and tear very easily. I thought neoprene seat covers would be as durable and waterproof as my duck hunting waders, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Ill never buy another neoprene set ever again.

· Registered
3,083 Posts
It's getting to the point where you just want to throw plastic trash bags over your seats.

Waterproof, never fade & once they rip, you just throw 'em away & buy a couple more trash bags.

· Registered
7 Posts
Coverking Review

I purchased the Coverking Neoprene Seat Covers in black and dove gray in 12/2012. The arrived in 2/2013 and I installed them and treated them with 303 Protectant.
My Jeep is a third vehicle and is garage kept. It has 3800 miles on it since 12/2012 (I put gas in it on 12/18/2012 and I record every gas for mpg purposes) and is stored inside when not being driven. So, it has seen some sun, but not much.
The black on the top of the rear cover is gray and almost white. Most of the other black is almost purple. The gray looks pretty good. It shows dirt easily and I clean it with wetsuit shampoo.
The stitching on on of the back corners of the top section ripped at the seam. When I went to sew it, I saw that it looks like a section of the foam was not properly cut or sewn when the covers were made.
They cover the seat and they look OK. For $200 I expected something that would hold it's color longer. Before I pay for new covers again, I'll have the rip in the side of my seat fixed. It will cost less and look nicer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.