Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, so, ordered seat covers via Quadratec like a month ago. They keep pushing the date back. The ballistic ones, front and back, for like 170 bucks. I mean, seriously? I know i'm not the only one that has had this issue. I would love to know why it takes so long to get a damn seat cover... Ok, end of rant. :beerme:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
yeah, so, ordered seat covers via Quadratec like a month ago. They keep pushing the date back. The ballistic ones, front and back, for like 170 bucks. I mean, seriously? I know i'm not the only one that has had this issue. I would love to know why it takes so long to get a damn seat cover... Ok, end of rant. :beerme:
Ordered a TJ set at the end of Dec...the latest lie is now an expected ship date of late April. With my crystal ball I see being told in two weeks "they'll ship late May".

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
I would love to know why it takes so long to get a damn seat cover... Ok, end of rant. :beerme:
:beerdrinking:

Custom made to order?

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
:beerdrinking: Custom made to order?
I'm sure they are made to order but, according to the Coverking website, seat cover average production time is 3 weeks.

Just wondering why it has been 16 weeks for mine with no communication from Quadratec unless I call to inquire. The standard answer is 3 more weeks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm sure they are made to order but, according to the Coverking website, seat cover average production time is 3 weeks.

Just wondering why it has been 16 weeks for mine with no communication from Quadratec unless I call to inquire. The standard answer is 3 more weeks.

It's why I rarely order anything from quadratec. Seems nearly everything I order from them is back ordered but the smittybilt covers my wife just ordered for me came in two days. Seems so hit or miss with them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
My girlfriend's family ordered an Ace Lava Jacket for me from Quadratec as a Christmas present. It was close to Christmas when they ordered so I understand not getting it fast but it came in late February or early March. It was too small so we kept it for my girlfriend and I ordered a larger size from a different vendor. It came in less than a week.

·
Registered
103 Posts
it was a while ago now but i want to say i waited 4 or 5 months for mine. not to be delighted by your pain but I'm almost glad I'm not the only one!

·
Registered
103 Posts
as far as quadratec goes, ive never had any issues with wait times for anything else from them, nor has my wife. the seat cover issue taught me to call them when ordering, and ive had pretty good customer service every time.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
In the end, i'm glad I waited. They are a really nice seat cover and fit well. I waited around 6-7 weeks for mine, so they must be getting faster. The covers are actually high quality. For 170 it was hard to beat and I have no regrets. I'm just really impatient. LOL

·
Registered
356 Posts
Bizarre, I ordered mine and got them within a week, back seat showed up about 2 days after the fronts, but I had my front seat covers 2-3 days after I ordered them. Maybe because I ordered the yellow ones, they probably don't sell as many of those.

I really like them though.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,027 Posts
I never, never, never ever order anything online from a vendor or distributor... if it is not in stock. My biggest pet peeve is online retailers not stocking like a brick and morter would.

IMO, if it is on your website, it is available and should ship. relying on drop shipment from the manufacturer is bullshit. You didnt buy from the manufacturer. You bought from quadratec. If I order, I always call to verify it is in stock. If it is not, and they are relying on drop shipment, I have them call the manufacturer for availability before I place my order.

My only order with quadratec went so so. I asked for expedited shipping... and Fed Ex delivered to a wrong address. I had to wait another week for them to sort it with Fed Ex and then they reshipped it.

·
Commercial Member
287 Posts
Cancel then Order. I had those for about 2 months they suck, they let moisture through. Finally started to smell moldy even with the water proof spray.

Waste of money

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I scoped out the water resistant bit, not water proof, before I bought them. Knowing that before the purchase I am good with it and I have reasonable expectations from the product, and don't expect them to do something they can't do. I don't plan on leaving my top down and letting the rain drench the interior. My expectation is they protect from trail dust and mud, the occasional spilled drink by my 9 year old, and buy me time to get my top up if a ninja shower pops up. So far they've done just that.

Cancel then Order. I had those for about 2 months they suck, they let moisture through. Finally started to smell moldy even with the water proof spray.

Waste of money

1 - 20 of 29 Posts