Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of disappointed. I built the storage cart per the plans found on WF and other places. Not impressed.The top is on the there but I cracked the bottom near the rear window. It's just a crack and a little TLC and it will probably be fine but if you don't get your top on there just so, it slides off or misses the supports.:rant:

From now on, my wife's car is getting kicked out of the other garage bay while the top is off and I'll just store it on the garage floor. :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Never had an issue with my cart I made and I'd say my wood working skills are pretty low. Takes some careful placement to get it right but it has held through two summers just fine already. Maybe it's an issue with the foam you used on top of the support areas?

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never had an issue with my cart I made and I'd say my wood working skills are pretty low. Takes some careful placement to get it right but it has held through two summers just fine already. Maybe it's an issue with the foam you used on top of the support areas?
It was placement. To me it looks like it's about two inches to long on the short side. I could have cut those pieces long but I don't think so. I've got a big garage. No need to stand it up. I could put it in the workshop side if I get my son to clean it up :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine works great, certainly sounds like user/builder error to me, it was meant to be a budget storage option, never meant to "impress" anyone.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope, kicking the wife's Scion out of the garage. I told her that and she didn't even flinch. :D

It might be a builder error. Maybe it's the chop and channel job I did on the Jeep. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
Nope, kicking the wife's Scion out of the garage. I told her that and she didn't even flinch. :D

It might be a builder error. Maybe it's the chop and channel job I did on the Jeep. :rolleyes:
Well I certainly hoped you Tubbed it while you were at it ;)

Sorry to hear of the crack. Hope it fixes up ez-pz.

I do enjoy my hoist. It has made life more enjoyable and I cart my doors.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I certainly hoped you Tubbed it while you were at it ;)

Sorry to hear of the crack. Hope it fixes up ez-pz.

I do enjoy my hoist. It has made life more enjoyable and I cart my doors.
It's superficial. I can probably do a little epoxy to clean it up, mask it off and mist a little paint on it. Good as new.

Of course I tubbed it.

Then:

Now:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts