Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have had my hardtop off for a while now, and today I noticed the paint is cracked where the top gets bolted to the tub when on. I would think the dealer would cover this, but has anyone else seen this? It is only on two of the six contact points.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is slightly, but not enough that I would think the paint would crack like it is. It is much less than your average door ding for instance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Caused by the clamping force of an over tighten hard top bolt.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Yep, I have the same thing at one of my tub bolts. It was like that the first time I removed my hard top, so must have been over tightened at the factory or by the dealer.

Mine is only a hairline crack so I took the easy route and just covered it up with clear packing tape to keep moisture out. It hasn't gotten any worse in almost two years.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
That was my first thought, also.
+3
OP didn't include mileage or year, if it's not brand new, it'll be hard to get them to cover. I'd just use touch up paint to prevent rust.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
This happend to mine, took hardtop off, behold cracks 3 different places. Took to dealership, they covered cost of repair.

The Green Machine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts