Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a cracked windshield for a while. i know safelight is usually the best solution. just thought id ask if there was any other place to get it done cheaper. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a hole in the wall shop that i normally use... Great guy, knows his glass, and very competitive on prices.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Make sure that you don't get a Chinese made windshield. The ones that have three letters starting with F are Chinese. The first time Safelite put a Chinese made windshield on my Jeep, which I didn't find out until the second time the tech was about to replace my windshield. I saw a "made in China" sticker on the windshield, and told the tech that I didn't want a Chinese windshield; he then pointed out that I already had one on my Jeep. He came back the next day and installed a Mopar windshield. Safelite comes to you home or place of work, which is convenient. If you don't have insurance coverage for the glass, shop around for the best price, and Safelite will probably match it; however, it's always nice to give business to the little guy, as times are tough for small businesses. By the way, does a bug shield help prevent rocks from hitting Jeep windshields? Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i was wondering about that too if the deflector would really work on a wrangler since they sit up almost a 90 degree angle

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ya, 120 bucks once a year, get used to it. If a rock doesn't do it, the defroster will on a cold February morning. "it's a jeep thing" lol

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Time to drop the ded. on your comp. coverage to $0........

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I guess keeping the $0 deductible is a good idea. Now if they could only cut into my soft top so I could put the money towards a hardtop. LOL.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Ya, 120 bucks once a year, get used to it. If a rock doesn't do it, the defroster will on a cold February morning. "it's a jeep thing" lol

Thats what happened to mine. Snce then i have no flares and i drive lots of gravel roads. I have one crack on the passenger side that goes straight up and down. Then i also have LOTS of pits... waiting until spring and after i get it painted, and flares back on...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts