Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Amen brother!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
funny stuff! gotta save for my next add.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Good stuff, too bad the intended targets won't read it. Craigslist attracts the stupidest of the stupid. Your best bet is to just delete the emails that ask stupid questions, they will never buy it.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yeah, I posted a 94 mazda mx3 a while back.

Complete pos.
Salvage title
Second engine
Interior stripped (it was nasty)
I needed a car in a hurry so I got it.

I listed every freakin thing about the car.
Organized as well.

People would call up or email asking a huge list of questions that are all covered in the ad.

Drove me crazy.

One guy talked for 30-40 minutes.
He was sold on the car...

Then after he decided he wanted it.
He asked if I would take a pool table.

3 times in the ad I listed CASH ONLY.
Don't offer me trades.

Mind you I was only asking $750 for this car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Gotta love it!

Although craigslist has it's share of knuckleheads on the seller side also.

Recently called on a Wrangler, told the guy I had cash, I currently own a Wrangler, and if his jeep was what he said it was I would buy it. Set an appointment for the next day at 5PM (he said he would just be getting off work) I drive to where we agreed to meet (about an hour away for me). Called him to check on where he was, and he won't answer. Then he sends me a message saying ...sorry I sold the Jeep this afternoon!

I have found some good deals on Craigslist, but there are a lot of wishy washy time wasting people out there.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Called him to check on where he was, and he won't answer. Then he sends me a message saying ...sorry I sold the Jeep this afternoon!
Happened to me as well. I called about a Renegade, asked if I could see it that day, says nah, got errands to run, how about two days later. I take time off work, get ready to head out, call to make sure we are a go... NOPE, its sold!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Speedy4x4 said:
Yeah, I posted a 94 mazda mx3 a while back.

Complete pos.
Salvage title
Second engine
Interior stripped (it was nasty)
I needed a car in a hurry so I got it.

I listed every freakin thing about the car.
Organized as well.

People would call up or email asking a huge list of questions that are all covered in the ad.

Drove me crazy.

One guy talked for 30-40 minutes.
He was sold on the car...

Then after he decided he wanted it.
He asked if I would take a pool table.

3 times in the ad I listed CASH ONLY.
Don't offer me trades.

Mind you I was only asking $750 for this car.
I was selling my Dirtbike and a guy asked me to trade a pool table and I said no CASH ONLY just like it said in my add.... so what's the guy do?... asks me again a few weeks later so I said.. CASH ONLY and if I said no the first time what makes you think im gonna say yes the second time? He never replied.... sold the bike and finished paying off my old yj!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
He's got a pool table!
Maybe you should bring you pool stick.

Just if you have a rig worth around 500-1000 he'll try to trade you.

You see he needs a car or he'll loose his job.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Speedy4x4 said:
He's got a pool table!
Maybe you should bring you pool stick.

Just if you have a rig worth around 500-1000 he'll try to trade you.

You see he needs a car or he'll loose his job.
Not my problem!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Gotta love it!

Although craigslist has it's share of knuckleheads on the seller side also.

Recently called on a Wrangler, told the guy I had cash, I currently own a Wrangler, and if his jeep was what he said it was I would buy it. Set an appointment for the next day at 5PM (he said he would just be getting off work) I drive to where we agreed to meet (about an hour away for me). Called him to check on where he was, and he won't answer. Then he sends me a message saying ...sorry I sold the Jeep this afternoon!

I have found some good deals on Craigslist, but there are a lot of wishy washy time wasting people out there.
Agree with that! Its goes both ways with the CL idiots. I see ads posted by private sellers that don't have the most basic information: Year, mileage, color (NO, I can't tell if its dark blue or black from your crappy picture and YES, it does matter), Title, Auto/manual, smog then when you ask they act like its a bother to tell you or don't respond at all. I stay away from those. CL is FREE!! Post all the info so you don't waste YOUR time dealing with questions. Duh. My favorite question to ask is, "What are the immediate mechanical needs?" Good owners appreciate this question.

I looked at a car once and got close to the deal when I asked to see the title and when he looked at it he said, "Oh, I guess I never registered this in my name." Hmmmm... Trying to sell a car you don't even own. Bye.

My Tip: Always ask to see the seller's ID and make sure it matches what's on the title (and they should ask to see yours!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts