Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my jeep died in December and I replaced the CPS. All was great until today. Jumped in the jeep and fired it up. Backed up 3 feet and jeep died. Will not start. P320 code again. What can cause 2 CPS to fail in 3 months?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,408 Posts
Was the replacement CPS you bought an aftermarket from a store like AutoZone or Kragen?

·
Knows a couple things...
49,408 Posts
autozone. I am afraid of what you will say next
I'm not saying you got a bad CPS from AutoZone but their sensors are not known for quality or reliability. I got two bad sensors in a row from them one Sunday when I couldn't get a Mopar from the dealer. Fortunately the third time was the charm that day.

Where critical components are concerned, I won't buy them from a store like AutoZone. Items I'd never buy there include any sensors, senders, radiators, water pumps, steering boxes, water pumps, alternators, or starters.

·
Registered
15,681 Posts
If all that happened to old one was damaged wires you could repair the wires as long as damage not right against the sensor

The sensor has no moving parts (unlike the TPS) so no reason it should wear out

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If all that happened to old one was damaged wires you could repair the wires as long as damage not right against the sensor The sensor has no moving parts (unlike the TPS) so no reason it should wear out
wires looked good so not sure why it died

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not saying you got a bad CPS from AutoZone but their sensors are not known for quality or reliability. I got two bad sensors in a row from them one Sunday when I couldn't get a Mopar from the dealer. Fortunately the third time was the charm that day. Where critical components are concerned, I won't buy them from a store like AutoZone. Items I'd never buy there include any sensors, senders, radiators, water pumps, steering boxes, water pumps, alternators, or starters.
thanks Jerry I have the lifetime warranty so we will see. If it fails again I will go oem. I am just concerned something else is killing them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts