Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I had a crank/no start (and then intermittent stalling, it started up the next day) issue that I resolved by replacing the TPS (aftermarket then OEM, learned that lesson...), the spark plugs, and cleaning up some ground leads.

Today, I was driving it down a dirt road and it cut out again. Wasn't able to start it up at all. Starter fluid didn't help. I checked the fuel pressure and it was at 44 psi, checked compression and it was good (all between 130 and 150 psi) in all cylinders, I haven't gotten any codes, and the battery voltage is good. I'm kind of lost on what to check next, but I don't really want to go to a shop. I tested the coil rail thing a few weeks ago by putting an ohmmeter in the various holes and it seemed to have continuity and resistance in the right spots. Could there be a timing issue? I would suspect CMP or CKP, but I haven't gotten any codes for either (but had a P1391 intermittent CMP or CKP code a few weeks ago too). All the sensors I've checked have good 5v supply and a good ground. I'm pretty much lost at this point.
Its a 2000 TJ 4.0 Sport

TL;DR: Jeep stalled, cranks but won't start, no codes, all sensors have good supply and ground, fuel pressure and compression are good.

·
Registered
13,797 Posts
Check for spark like this

If no spark verify 5 volts to crank angle/position sensor

Early PCM known to have 5 volt output fail but easily worked around with Walmart usb port

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts