Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was replacing a faulty crankshaft position sensor and while doing it, the screw got broken and is inside the housing. I know there's a way to get it out using a left-hand drill but there's almost no space there. I've been thinking about gluing the bolt just so I can take the jeep to a shop or trying to see if a right-angle drill attachment would work. If anyone could give me an advice I'd appreciate it. I don't really want to take out the transmission just for a broken bolt.
Here are some pics
Automotive tire Bicycle part Nut Motor vehicle Auto part
Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Hood Automotive tire
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Sleeve Grey
Hand Body jewelry Gesture Finger Plant
Gesture Finger Thumb Nail Circle

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yesterday I was replacing a faulty crankshaft position sensor and while doing it, the screw got broken and is inside the housing. I know there's a way to get it out using a left-hand drill but there's almost no space there. I've been thinking about gluing the bolt just so I can take the jeep to a shop or trying to see if a right-angle drill attachment would work. If anyone could give me an advice I'd appreciate it. I don't really want to take out the transmission just for a broken bolt.
Here are some pics View attachment 4526572 View attachment 4526573 View attachment 4526574 View attachment 4526575 View attachment 4526576
Update your your fix?

·
Registered
2016 Jeep Wrangler Willys 2dr
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's been a while but I have an update: I ended up using J-weld and letting it dry overnight, and it glued perfectly; the jeep drove without any problems for 2 months. Then I took it to a shop to install a lift kit and they replaced the screws.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know it's been a while but I have an update: I ended up using J-weld and letting it dry overnight, and it glued perfectly; the jeep drove without any problems for 2 months. Then I took it to a shop to install a lift kit and they replaced the screws.
Thanks for the update, always nice to see final solutions and positive results to problems that are posted here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts