Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I start up my 2014 JKU Sport with 1200 miles on it and the fuel gauge says it is completely empty. This was hard to believe because I just filled it up 2 days ago. So i turn off the Jeep and turn it back on again and it still says empty. Now I start wondering if the tank is leaking or something. After checking to see that everything is ok, I turn my jeep back on and it registers 3/4 of a tank. Has anyone had this issue or know anything of it? :confused:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Get in drive around... And if you keep getting weird results...either the gauge is bad or the float.... Stealership time for warranty repair.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This happened to me once with my '14 JKU. I had the Jeep parked on the driveway at a fairly sharp incline (nose down), which obviously shifts the contents of the gas tank, and when I started it up, it registered as nearly empty and the fuel light came on. I drove a block, killed it, started it up and it was back to normal. My previous car also took a bit to register its actual fuel level if I parked it at an incline, so for the time being I consider it a non-issue.

If your Jeep wasn't at an incline, though, it might be a more legit problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts