Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't think they are a sponser, and I dont want to link if i am not allowed... but I found these at a vender several ppl buy stuff from....

They have a Lifetime warranty ( I think you get it)

So hopefully the image loads.... Now, I know there are JW speaker knock offs all over ebay and such, but I have not seen LED headlights that look like this before

any idea on what they could be?

Details about the 7 inch Round LED Headlights:

"
Featuring 13 5w Phillips ZES chips. Gives you superior durability with long lasting performance
6,500 color temperture
Uses a PMMA lens
Wiring requires a directy wire to your vehicle or a plug (not included)
2000 lumens of output on low beam, 3900 lumens on hi beam
The DRL uses 2 5w Phillips chips, can be wired for DRL, turn signal, or running light
Please Note - Some vehicles may require a resistor or anti-flicker harness to stop flickering.
The LLL75w-7 has a military breather to prevent fogging
The housing is made of durable die cast aluminum
NOT DOT APPROVED FOR ROAD USE

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know its technically not DOT tested, but if it is a offroad light, why would it have a hi/lo feature....

Yes i get the whole legal and moral issue about non DOT compliant lights.... HW no need to go nuts here

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was just reading a thread about these on another forum. I like the look, and they were definitely built as a replacement headlight.

They are being sold as Offroad Additions brand lights, called Night Guard or something.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just reading a thread about these on another forum. I like the look, and they were definitely built as a replacement headlight.

They are being sold as Offroad Additions brand lights, called Night Guard or something.
I found that thread as well, while the lights look identical, the site i found has a LIFETIME ::hint:: warranty...which is always good.

I saw some shots of the low beam, I really like them, but I am affraid the low beam will have to much glare to oncoming traffic.

It seems as if they were originally desinged for Seward Offroad lights. Their site has the same light, but it states the high beam is 90 watts..... So I dont know if the LIFETIME or Nightlight/Guard lights are the old version?

At 299.99 they are a consideration compared to TL or JWS. I am going to retrofit my motorcycle with HID's first to see how hard it is... after that i will either retrofit or buy these

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Not sure if you saw the thread on here, but its titled Nightsun 4X4. Its a couple pages long and has been discussed for the last few months. Nightsun 4x4 is still offering them for $299, but they will be bumping the price any day. It was supposed to end Feb 1st, but its still available today for that price on the website. Their fb page has a ton of info on there about them with videos and pics.

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
Here is the link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/7-nightsun-led-headlights-1040018.html

Here is a picture of the Headlight on my Jeep.

030.jpg

I have had them on for 24 days and this is what I have to say. They do flicker. I only notice it if I am at a stop light behind someone and then I will see it on their vehicle. Any other time.......no problem. I would recommend the LifetimeLED antiflicker harness for only 20 or 30 bucks providing you can find them in stock somewhere.

The dims seem to be more of a flood pattern. There is no break like the more expensive JW Speakers but the brights are incredibly focused. And this brings me to an interesting down side. I have never been flashed when I had my dims on but I have tried to flash oncoming traffic when they have theirs on and they do not notice. There has been only one time that I have been flashed when driving with my dims and that was when I was in the turning lane and someone else was in the opposite turning lane. He flashed me several times before I got tired of it and flashed him with these behemoths and it never happened again.

So, for 299 or even 350 they are a steal when you buy them from Mark at NightSun4x4 because he will prewire the harness you need whether it's an h4 or h13 and ship them to your door for 10 dollars. If you are not a fan of the pattern for the dims look at the 80 watt LED he has because it is much better. Good luck and keep on the trails.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Here is the link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/7-nightsun-led-headlights-1040018.html Here is a picture of the Headlight on my Jeep. I have had them on for 24 days and this is what I have to say. They do flicker. I only notice it if I am at a stop light behind someone and then I will see it on their vehicle. Any other time.......no problem. I would recommend the LifetimeLED antiflicker harness for only 20 or 30 bucks providing you can find them in stock somewhere. The dims seem to be more of a flood pattern. There is no break like the more expensive JW Speakers but the brights are incredibly focused. And this brings me to an interesting down side. I have never been flashed when I had my dims on but I have tried to flash oncoming traffic when they have theirs on and they do not notice. There has been only one time that I have been flashed when driving with my dims and that was when I was in the turning lane and someone else was in the opposite turning lane. He flashed me several times before I got tired of it and flashed him with these behemoths and it never happened again. So, for 299 or even 350 they are a steal when you buy them from Mark at NightSun4x4 because he will prewire the harness you need whether it's an h4 or h13 and ship them to your door for 10 dollars. If you are not a fan of the pattern for the dims look at the 80 watt LED he has because it is much better. Good luck and keep on the trails.
Looks like they have fog lights as well.... You thought about getting them ? Looking at getting both, possibly.

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
Looks like they have fog lights as well.... You thought about getting them ? Looking at getting both, possibly.
The fogs are pretty cool, especially for the price. The bumper I plan on buying allows you to stack two 38" LED lights on top of the winch. I plan to make them my new fogs. Mark also has a 50" CREE LED light with 488 watts for a good price.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the link: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/7-nightsun-led-headlights-1040018.html

Here is a picture of the Headlight on my Jeep.

View attachment 1871026

I have had them on for 24 days and this is what I have to say. They do flicker. I only notice it if I am at a stop light behind someone and then I will see it on their vehicle. Any other time.......no problem. I would recommend the LifetimeLED antiflicker harness for only 20 or 30 bucks providing you can find them in stock somewhere.

The dims seem to be more of a flood pattern. There is no break like the more expensive JW Speakers but the brights are incredibly focused. And this brings me to an interesting down side. I have never been flashed when I had my dims on but I have tried to flash oncoming traffic when they have theirs on and they do not notice. There has been only one time that I have been flashed when driving with my dims and that was when I was in the turning lane and someone else was in the opposite turning lane. He flashed me several times before I got tired of it and flashed him with these behemoths and it never happened again.

So, for 299 or even 350 they are a steal when you buy them from Mark at NightSun4x4 because he will prewire the harness you need whether it's an h4 or h13 and ship them to your door for 10 dollars. If you are not a fan of the pattern for the dims look at the 80 watt LED he has because it is much better. Good luck and keep on the trails.
I talked to lifetime as well, the give a lifetime warranty and will wire the harness for free...... These are listed at 70 Watts, Sewards are listed at 90 Watts... So Idk, I still want to try my hand at retrofitting my motorcycle to see how that goes first

1 - 10 of 10 Posts