Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot seem to isolate this creaking. Any thoughts? Might need to turn up the volume. The dealer could not replicate so I am going to send them this video. It is not the pillar. If I pull on the O'Sh*t handle on the front of the dash the creaking turns into a squeaking.

2012 Jeep Creaking in Dash - YouTube

·
Registered
266 Posts
Alright i Know this a VERY old thread......haha
But i Have this same issue. Mine's a '13 sport S, but mine is coming from the drivers side, so pretty much right in front of me....and its REALLY annoying.

Anyone have any ideas on what this is?

I dont feel like bringing it to the dealer, so that they can tell me they dont hear it, and possibly picking up a scratch from them....

·
Registered
132 Posts
no kidding - mine just started making this same noise a few days ago as well. I think its near the drivers side foot well or the seat. I just haven't messed with it yet - I have louder noises that usually drown this one out!

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Mabey it's something in the air in Connecticut both of you are from there.just kidding.try and taking the dash panel off the ones at the end of dash .mabey you can push or pull from inside behind the speaker grills and put some foam in there wedge it in somewhere and try to isolate it

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mabey it's something in the air in Connecticut both of you are from there.just kidding.try and taking the dash panel off the ones at the end of dash .mabey you can push or pull from inside behind the speaker grills and put some foam in there wedge it in somewhere and try to isolate it
Yea Ill blame it on being surrounded by liberals in CT:puke:

Haha but in all seriousness, I did just want to check if it was a known issue, before I begin the search. Based on everything Ive read, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason, but to just find the source and put some foam between whatever is rubbing against itself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts