Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd try and save some money and install a 2.5 rc lift and boomerage shackles. Why are my shackles crooked.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
First, unload your axle from the lift and wood, have the frame on jack stands. Loosen all bolts, but don't take them out. Inspect all the bushings. Put your tires on, remove the jack stands and re torque all the bolts. Should be straight then.

Reactions: mudbug85603

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
The shackles are likely crooked because the front track bar is pulling the axle to the driver's side... they will likely be much straighter once the weight of the vehicle is on the axle....

You can most likely remove the track bar and be fine without it.

BTW... w a 2.5" lift, you have no need for boomerang shackles.... I'd put the stock ones back on

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
BTW... w a 2.5" lift, you have no need for boomerang shackles.... I'd put the stock ones back on

I disagree... Boomerangs are good for adding a little extra flex and will stop the shackles from inverting if you do any off road when they are installed properly. Just don't go over a 5" center to center shackle.

Jeep 26.jpg

Jeep 27.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before and after......now my problem is....My track bar like just a little from being able to bolt back to the axle. I know alot of guys say you dont need it....but i want to put mine back on. My thought is to cut it and sleeve it....any thoughts? Other than leave it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Options are,
Drop bracket AND drop pitman,
Aftermarket adjustable bar,
Or, yeah, cut n weld...

I have the first option

1 - 8 of 8 Posts