Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to there today for a few hours today.

Not much in the way of Jeep trails. They have two trails, neither of them are marked. Once you are on the trail they have numerous off shoots that you can take but they are not marked if they are for jeeps or side by sides, so you have to decide if they are wide enough for a jeep before you go down them. We got down a few for a ways until they got too small for me and I had to find a place to back up and turn around.
If you have a side by side I think it could be really cool. If you take your jeep, not so much. It looks like they are always working on it so I might give it a shot again in the fall.

On the plus side they have some cool camping and RV spots. It's super easy to find, and has a mix of rocks and mud.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for the post. I had just found this park, and was wondering if it was worth going to with the jeep. Sounds like not so much. I will keep it mind though for camping.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We took a RZR XP1000 4 seater there a couple of years ago, and a lot of the trails were too tight for that machine even. It would be more fun in a smaller side by side or ATVs. I wouldn't drive from any amount of distance away to check it out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went back out there today for a few hours. They have definitely been working hard on it. Looks like lots of new trails and a lot of then big enough for my JKU. They have had some rain lately so now the Jeep will need to spend a very long time at the car wash. I didn't find the rocks that I have seen on Youtube videos but I saw a group of built Jeeps heading out of the main area the going the other direction. I think that may have been where they were going.
I printed a trail map from the facebook page and parts of it were accurate, but it is very hard to tell what trail you are on. It seems like you should be able to find your way around pretty easily if you went a few times, but it's very frustrating for someone who is not a regular. I really wish that they would mark the trails or put more signs showing where to go when 4 trails intersect. We got ourselves down a few UTV trails and had to back out or turn around.
Over all we enjoyed it and will probably go back in a few months and hopefully figure out the trails.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I spent a couple of days there, may of this year, 2019. I camped in the primitive area, and enjoyed it. However, there are no shower facilities on the property, yet anyway.

Trails are still poorly marked, and you can end up on a trail that closes in on you quickly. There are several jeep trails, steep climbs to the top of the mountains, creek beds and the rock face, as seen in videos.

I had a great time, but do wish the trails were better marked for either jeeps or side by sides

1 - 5 of 5 Posts