Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone? New JK unlimited owner and I just purchased an NX glide soft top. I'm a little worried that the crossbars will interfere with the open air experience? Can anyone comment on this? Are they removable? Am I worrying too much? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't run with them on at all currently - they are mainly to maintain the peaks of the roof so water etc doesn't pool on top

there is some more noticeable flapping at speed but nothing overly annoying IMHO
That's great to know! Thanks! Are they pretty easy to remove?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone? New JK unlimited owner and I just purchased an NX glide soft top. I'm a little worried that the crossbars will interfere with the open air experience? Can anyone comment on this? Are they removable? Am I worrying too much? Thanks in advance!
They are removable but a pain in the butt to store if you are on the road and want to take the top down and remove the bars.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I don't run with them on at all currently - they are mainly to maintain the peaks of the roof so water etc doesn't pool on top

there is some more noticeable flapping at speed but nothing overly annoying IMHO
I get a ton more flapping with them out and the windows open. So much so that the rear top section pops up and out of the brackets.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
A bit off topic, but all the Bestop branded tops, even full frame ones have those cross bars. Bestop makes the MOPAR OE tops but those do not come with the bars and I dont hear people complaining about flapping. What the heck (if any) is the difference?

DAVE

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
A bit off topic, but all the Bestop branded tops, even full frame ones have those cross bars. Bestop makes the MOPAR OE tops but those do not come with the bars and I dont hear people complaining about flapping. What the heck (if any) is the difference?

DAVE
The OE tops have much more framework to them. That creates more support and stops flapping on the OE top.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
The OE tops have much more framework to them. That creates more support and stops flapping on the OE top.
The crossbars are there, just sewn into the top...so when you put the top down, they go with it. I really wish Bestop would do that with the Glide and Trektop also.

·
Premium Member
7,351 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Top is flying up when driving. Any ideas how to fix this? Did I mess up the install?

I'm having this same issue. Just had it installed. Signed up to see if anyone had a solution to this. Please let me know.

Thanks and great info on this forum. I've been a long time lurker.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I'm having this same issue. Just had it installed. Signed up to see if anyone had a solution to this. Please let me know.

Thanks and great info on this forum. I've been a long time lurker.
Mine does the same thing....

·
Registered
429 Posts
not sure there is a fix available - or a huge issue

1 - 19 of 19 Posts