Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

561 - 580 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Anyone have any word on the new Crown master cylinder? A few pages back someone mentioned an "extreme duty" version which may have the same cylinder bore as the Mopar (1 1/8").

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #562
Anyone have any word on the new Crown master cylinder? A few pages back someone mentioned an "extreme duty" version which may have the same cylinder bore as the Mopar (1 1/8").

Mopar has a bigger bore. Crown has the same bore as teraflex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
Does anyone know if the Crown M/C is bigger then 2014+ M/C?

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #565
Does anyone know if the Crown M/C is bigger then 2014+ M/C?

I’m quoting old 0311 earlier in the thread ...

“The stock MC bore for the 2007-2011 I believe is under 1 inch. The stock MC bore for the 2012 up I believe is 1 inch. The MC bore for Teraflex I believe 1-1/16 inch. The MC bore for the BBK/Boost I believe is 1-1/8 inch.”

Crown has the same bore as Teraflex.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just trying to see if it is worth upgrading to the Crown M/C because I have a 2014

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #567
Just trying to see if it is worth upgrading to the Crown M/C because I have a 2014

I have a 2014 too. At first I just did the Crown BBK and it was a huge improvement. I then added mopar MC and BB at the same time and it increased pedal firmness by A Lot!! It’s also a stepping stone to adding the rear BRK.

Old 0311 had the mopar/dynatrac rears and when mopar released the MC/BB, he added that to his Jeep and it was a huge performance increase in his braking setup.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good Evening Everyone,

I am due to change my brakes and am hoping someone with the Crown Big Brake Kit can measure from the center of the rotor to the outter most point of the caliper. This way I can ensure they will fit my Method Roost wheels (Which are 17) but still just wanna be sure.

~ Gizmo

·
Registered
281 Posts
Emailed Crown and he said he had another complaint form someone and they found the hardware in the other box. I informed them I check both boxes and they weren't anywhere to be found. They then shipped me the hardware packet with all caliper bolts,washers, locktite and such.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Emailed Crown and he said he had another complaint form someone and they found the hardware in the other box. I informed them I check both boxes and they weren't anywhere to be found. They then shipped me the hardware packet with all caliper bolts,washers, locktite and such.
That might have been me. I looked through the caliper box really well and did not see most of the hardware. I looked in the Rotor box and did not see it at first, and emailed Crown. They were going to ship it, but then I removed both rotors and the bag with the bolts and boots was down under the rotors It had worked its way under the flap in the cardboard during shipping. Turns out everything was there. I got back to Crown and they were very happy and nice to deal with.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Brake lines?

I have my Crown kit and Mopar booster/cylinder on the way. Ordering this way does provide brake lines. Are there any suggestions? I am running stock stock lines on my 15 jk and I have a RE 2.5 lift. I see a few have mentioned the RK brake lines so I will look at them.

Thanks for all the links here!! I used these to place my orders.

Reactions: dawhitesJKU

·
Registered
84 Posts
False alarm!

I received an email from both vendors today stating they cancelled the order due to national backorder with no future date. I was not even given the option to remain in the order system. I am only running 285s now so brakes are not really required yet but I was trying to build all the relevant supporting systems before the big tires go on and the jeep goes to second out status. Oh well guess Ill order gears and lockers.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
@xj-boonie should chime in. He has this kit and had different brand brake lines. He did have a slight issue with the caliper/brake lines.

I used the teraflex lines and because they have a round banjo they fit with no issues.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No. The lines kept hitting the mount at full lock. But that’s because both the stock and crown lines use a square block and due to clearances need to go up and out or down and out (90 deg bend in hard line portion). If it could have gone out and up, would have been great. But only way that was happening was if I ground the outside edge of the block or if I ground a bigger flat spot on the caliper.

The red arrow shows the interference if the block was rotated up 90 degrees as shown by the blue line. Didn’t feel like grinding. Either will or get lines that have a round block.

When I got my kit in, I figured I was going to have the same problem with my Metalcloak lines. I set the calipers up and milled about .075" off the back of the pad on the calipers where the brake lines mount. It allowed me to spin/flip the lines where they come out and up, and with the addition of Teraflex brake line anchors, it looks perfect. If you didn't have access to a mill, you could grind a little off the end of your brake line mount, or a big file and a little elbow grease could move the shoulder back on the pad so your lines will give you the right orientation without binding.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So is it safe to just use this kit and not do the rear ?
I need new pads but want better front brakes with big tires.
I already have Crown/Rubicon Express front and rear SS Braided Brake lines.
I’m hoping there wouldn’t be any issues there.

561 - 580 of 1262 Posts