Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1323 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
After your post, I inquired at my local dealer... again, on back order. They indicated it would be avaiable at the end of November. Not sure if that was a note in the parts system or a guess.
Ughhhh.....well, if u ain't getting it, I'm not getting it. 😭😭

·
Registered
77 Posts
FYI - Just got a tracking # & Northridge is showing in stock...

·
Registered
711 Posts
FYI - Just got a tracking # & Northridge is showing in stock...
Oh wow I just called them a few days ago and said no goyet.good tip. Ill call tomorrow again🤞

·
Registered
77 Posts
Oh wow I just called them a few days ago and said no goyet.good tip. Ill call tomorrow again🤞
Ouch. I just looked at the price. I bought it for $262 and the website is showing $379.

Good luck

·
Registered
711 Posts
Ouch. I just looked at the price. I bought it for $262 and the website is showing $379.

Good luck
No no, I bought it in early Oct too for about $275. I had just called after days ago for a status check but they didn't know a date....hopefully mine is being shipped too. Was it a UPS tracking #??

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whew! That's a hefty premium you dodged, then.

Yes, UPS tracking. Hasn't shipped yet but have number. I ordered mine on October 18th and UPS says expected delivery is the 25th.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Whew! That's a hefty premium you dodged, then.

Yes, UPS tracking. Hasn't shipped yet but have number. I ordered mine on October 18th and UPS says expected delivery is the 25th.
Whoa whoa whoa...does your mystery UPS label say its going to be "13 lbs"????
Ive got an email with a shipment lined up for delivery on 11/25 too.

Reactions: JerryD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa...does your mystery UPS label say its going to be "13 lbs"????
Ive got an email with a shipment lined up for delivery on 11/25 too.
Yep, you'll probably get an email from Northridge shortly if you haven't already

·
Registered
77 Posts

Now to find time to install...

Reactions: JCS2179

·
Registered
711 Posts
Well, here it is too.....NORTHRIDGE comes through as usual!
I'm giving it to "my guys." I trust this shop's boys in NW Suburbs of Chicago with my life. I get to bring donuts, and they let me loiter around the shop and get my hands dirty too. Hopefully is the silver bullet we all expect to resolve the funky pedal. The unit seems stout. Def bigger!!

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm giving it to "my guys." I trust this shop's boys in NW Suburbs of Chicago with my life. I get to bring donuts, and they let me loiter around the shop and get my hands dirty too. Hopefully is the silver bullet we all expect to resolve the funky pedal. The unit seems stout. Def bigger!!
Hey now, I think you're on to something...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Stupid question. Is anyone using the Mopar booster/master cylinder upgrade with an LS swap? I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to make sure everything will fit and work 1st. Thank you

·
Registered
711 Posts
Stupid question. Is anyone using the Mopar booster/master cylinder upgrade with an LS swap? I'm ready to pull the trigger but want to make sure everything will fit and work 1st. Thank you
Reach out to the guys at Rubitrux through a quick email. They do tons of these high HP swaps. They'll tell you straight up.
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
711 Posts

SO FINAL UPDATE....
This Mopar BBK kit went into the JK today. It is a true plug and play kit, but not really 'easy' to install. The booster is MUCH bigger than stock, and it takes some (serious) persuading to shimmy out of the Jeep, some from the inside and some from the outside. Not easy, but yes, doable. (NOTE: IF you have any aftermarket brackets for a compressor for example, do not bother; this kit does not fit!)
The M/C is a good bit bigger than stock, and so long as you bench prime it, it works very well. So important note again: bench prime it!! This is a must.
The reservoir is bigger than stock as well, and it snaps right onto the M/C with a bit of pressure.
The 2 hard brake lines come off easy from the stock M/C, and thread back in easily to the new M/C. Now, they take a ridiculous amount of torque to get them properly seated so they do not leak. I mean TREMENDOUS amount of crazy torque. Once you are all connected thou, bleed the lines as you would any vehicle.

The final product is absolutely AWESOME. The pedal feels great; hard and responsive (That's what she said??) and the Jeep, loaded with 35' tires, bigger brakes, plates, winch, sliders, steel bumpers, hard top, roof rack, fridge/drawers full of tools.......now stops on a dime. It grabs like a mofo! It feels better now than it ever did when fully stock.
On a personal note, I think TF and the other companies selling the BBK kits should absolutely make it a MUST-BUY kit, not just a "...well, possibly you might, maybe, perhaps need to upgrade your MC too" deal.
It doesn't matter if your Jeep is 2007-2011 or the bigger M/C 2012-2018; you NEED this kit upgrade with bigger brakes. Period.
Today was the biggest WIN in a long time. Great kit!

·
Registered
10,372 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
We are talking about a Mopar Brake Master Cylinder and Booster P5160050, right? Not the Mopar full Big Brake kit P5160051 ?

Correct

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yup, the *50. I'm hesitating on mine because I do have some weight (AEV bumpers f&r, 35's, sliders, hardtop) but the pedal isn't "bad"... & I need a solution for my oba now :). I have a viair mounted on a Synergy mount & I've already confirmed with them it won't work with the new booster/Mc. Ah well.

@JCS2179 how long did it take for the installation?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Yup, the *50. I'm hesitating on mine because I do have some weight (AEV bumpers f&r, 35's, sliders, hardtop) but the pedal isn't "bad"... & I need a solution for my oba now :). I have a viair mounted on a Synergy mount & I've already confirmed with them it won't work with the new booster/Mc. Ah well.

@JCS2179 how long did it take for the installation?
I didnt do all of it myself. But 3.5 hrs. is a solid estimate. Most of the time spent on removing/refitting the bigger booster, and bleeding all 4 corners...three times LOL
New reservoir snapped onto New MC @ 5min
Bench bleeding new MC @ 10min
Undoing existing hard lines from MC @ 5min
Removing MC @ 10min
Removing Booster @ forever🙄
Installing new booster @ forever+🙄
Tightening the brakes lines to the new MC, effing scary! Felt like 150ftlbs of torque.
Overall very straight forward. Try to get some help. Its good to have if you get stuck, or for a separate set of eyes. I did it at my usual trusted shop, where they let me wrench and walk around and do all kinds of grunt work, and if I get stuck they jump right in. It cost me $200 and I get to learn as I go. Worth it to me.

·
Registered
579 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Help me out, are these the same?

The price difference and the fact that North Ridge calls it the J8 and Quadratec says "for D60" is making me question myself
Same Mopar part number on each.

1281 - 1300 of 1323 Posts