Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of adding a set of Crown brake lines to my Jeep when I replace the brakes with a TF BBK. I have a 3" lift now and in the future I MAY want to go to 4" or 4.5" or at least have the ability to go higher. Is there an issue with getting a line for the 4.5" or will it cause issues? Just figured I would build jeep to have the ability to raise it vs be stuck with what I have if I can get away with it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I run Crown on mine, got them through Northridge 4x4 . Morris 4x4 has them to. They will be listed for amount of lift you have.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I'm running "Crown" lines on mine, too, also from one of the common vendors. If I were going to do it again, though, I'd talk to Crown and order directly from them. The ones you get from the vendors don't include the front brackets and, more importantly, are actually shorter than stock by 4", even though the package says "stock +6". (28" vs the stock length of 32") I think they assume you're happy zip tying them to the shock, but that doesn't work if you're running Fox shocks, and is needlessly hokey, anyway.

The 32" length seems fine for a 2.5" lift, so if Crown confirms that they'll sell you ones that are that long - or longer, if you want to go higher - I'd do that. I wish I had.

Mark

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'm running "Crown" lines on mine, too, also from one of the common vendors. If I were going to do it again, though, I'd talk to Crown and order directly from them. The ones you get from the vendors don't include the front brackets and, more importantly, are actually shorter than stock by 4", even though the package says "stock +6". (28" vs the stock length of 32") I think they assume you're happy zip tying them to the shock, but that doesn't work if you're running Fox shocks, and is needlessly hokey, anyway. The 32" length seems fine for a 2.5" lift, so if Crown confirms that they'll sell you ones that are that long - or longer, if you want to go higher - I'd do that. I wish I had. Mark
most guys that go with aftermarket lines though don't run them in the stock location when the jeep is lifted.
That said I did order some crown brake lines through Morris 4x4 and they came with the bracket on them to mount in stock location. Which is not what I wanted.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Wanna trade?:D How did you route yours? I'm not at all pleased with mine.

I should give this guy his thread back...

Mark

·
Registered
907 Posts
Wanna trade?:D How did you route yours? I'm not at all pleased with mine. I should give this guy his thread back... Mark
so what exactly are the lines you have ? 26" steel braid ? I would trade..

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how are they ran if not in stock location with a lift?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I run Northridge sourced Crown lines with the TF BBK calipers. You just loop them in an "S" pattern from the caliper to the hard line on the frame. IIRC they are 26". I have a TF 4" long arm with Fox resis, they work fine.

One caution. This is my second set. The first ones had an issue with their seating taper and leaked unless overly tightened. The outer coating also started to peel. This set is perfect, so I'm assuming they got the issues handled.

There are a couple other vendors who have more evolved extended lines for JK applications, with stock style mounting brackets, etc. pays to do some research. On later model JKs the stock lines are as good as any. Just re-route the line and bend the hard section as needed to clear and extend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts