Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello jeepers, I am brand new to Jeeps, brand new to this site and have brand new jeep to me I am trying to work on. I am currently deployed but had my wife pick me up a redeployment gift.(the jeep) I have ordered parts for it and some of which I can seem to find any install info on at all for example-

I am trying to switch out my control cables for the defroster, temp, fan ect and can not find anything remotely close online in the reference of videos or instructions. Does anyone have a source I could reference.
thanks for your help and time

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Hi Grump1SG, thanks for your service!

I'm guessing that the Jeep in question is a CJ5, based on your profile picture. If the Jeep has the old cables in place, it should be an easy task to note where they currently connect to and replace them one-by-one.

There are three cables. The topmost cable controls heat/vent, the middle controls the temperature of the air cool/hot, and the bottom controls the split between heat and defrost. I'll try to find my CJ7 FSM and see if I can find more info tomorrow.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:worthy:Thanks Oldjeepdude, it is an old 81 cj-5. not sure what is original and what isnt on this thing anymore.. as it does have a 3 speed v8 in it. ( according to the VIN number it was a base model with a 4.2 i believe

The top control cable is missing completely and so is the indicator light. So tracing it back just isnt an option either... I am just trying to do my research so when i get home and figure out how to take the dash off to work all the little things i need to replace and fix i can do it all in one shot and not how the DD jeep out of use for more then a weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts