Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2003 Sahara and noted that the cruise control did not work during the test drive. Looked into it further this weekend and don't I feel silly. Although the build sheet says it came with CC and the switches are on the steering wheel (and the correct clockspring), the cruise servo is missing under the hood. The connector is there but damaged. The throttle linkage point looks like it has not had anything connected to it for a long time; no signs of wear on the ball.

So in my quest to look up the 2003 part numbers and see where it attaches to the intake manifold vacuum lines I also noticed that the intake manifold picture from the 2003 parts list and FSM does not look like mine. The intake manifold pictures from the 2005 FSM do look like mine (2 large ports on the top for brake booster and PCV; 3 smaller ports on the side of the manifold). Is this a case of Jeep changing designs midyear or do I not have a 2003 engine/IM? I haven't looked for the block serial number yet.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
On the 4.0 In 2000 they changed from straight intake runners to a horseshoe shaped intake

The cruse servo is same across the dodge/Chrysler/Jeep family but the mount bracket and actuator cable varies with year vehicle and engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. I'm good with the intake manifold explanation.

Now I'm trying to find the servo assembly (servo/bracket/throttle cable/vacuum line). Contacted 3 salvage yards today and was told that when they removed the engines they just cut the CC cable. What a waste. So I looked for the cable separately but no luck so far. Will keep searching.

·
Registered
15,658 Posts
My 98 sport already had it

Did end up adding it to a 04 rubicon
Bought the cable and bracket new oem from Jeep parts dealer online
Got servo off some dodge in the junkyard
Got switches off a WJ at u pull it
Wiring was already there on the rubi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the entire assembly at a local salvage yard out of an '06 for... $19. Was quoted $125 from a yard in Florida.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Running a 2001 servo on my 05, go to car-part.com, bet you find one.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts