Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any problems with their cruise control? More specifically the on/off button... Sometimes it comes on sometimes not? It's a 2011 so it's still under warranty. :whistling:

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Mine works like a champ and I use it all the time. Take it in to have it looked at.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Mine works great too, but I have a 2008 which I think has a little different on/off button than the 2011.

·
Registered
696 Posts
No issues. I do wish it told when it was set and not just on. I hate to pass someone only to find that the cruise has been canceled and then have them nearly rear end me.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Works like a champ.

Always remember: NEVER use cruise control on slick surfaces. Trust your feet.

(Use the Force, Luke.)

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
This is going to sound crazy, but it works. Some people who have the new 11/12 steering wheel controls and have had issues, found that you can fix them by blowing the horn.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: My '08 JKUR auto cruise control works --"without fail"-

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Anyone have any problems with their cruise control? More specifically the on/off button... Sometimes it comes on sometimes not? It's a 2011 so it's still under warranty. :whistling:
Mine works great. If the below advice doesn't work (he's not kidding, I read it somewhere recently, too) take it to the dealer.

This is going to sound crazy, but it works. Some people who have the new 11/12 steering wheel controls and have had issues, found that you can fix them by blowing the horn.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Works like a champ.

Always remember: NEVER use cruise control on slick surfaces. Trust your feet.

(Use the Force, Luke.)
In my 2012, Cruise won't stay on if it is slick out. Even crossing a railroad track when wet activates the traction control for 1/100th of a second and the cruise shuts itself down.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
10 works great. Take it in. Oh, when you blow the horn and it sounds lame get the PIAA 400/500hz horns. Nice upgrade. Plug and play basically.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes horn lame. Did try it though (grinning) while honking the horn then pressing the cruise cntrl. Needless to say I have an appt at my local jeep dealer here in Pensacola. I do appreciate how quickly how one can get answers here!

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2011 Sahara had the same issue. Sometimes it wouldn't turn on, sometimes wouldn't cancel. Honking the horn worked, smacking the wheel at 2:00 worked most times. Finally decided that since it was under warranty that it was the dealers problem. They ended up replacing the cruise control switch assembly. Haven't had a problem since. The dealer mentioned finding a TSB.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Mine will shut off on the highway if I hit a bump.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts