Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 JK Sahara and my cruise control has stopped working.
If you press the on off switch on the steering, nothing happens.
I have checked fuses.
Help

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
Sounds like a clock spring issue. Should be covered under warranty.

Reactions: WaltA

·
Premium Member
9,578 Posts
You could try can disconnect the battery for 30 minutes or so and see if it resets anything but I would guess clock spring or maybe a faulty switch.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reconnected batter after 25 minutes. Still no go.
I replaced the clock spring about 17 000 miles ago.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Pull power of the TIPM. Had to do that once when nothing on my dash was working. It worked and reset everything back to normal.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Are the only buttons not working on either the front or back of the steering wheel, the cruise control buttons?

·
Registered
6,697 Posts
On the front on the right. There are 4 buttons, one turns cc on the others adjust.

He's asking if the OTHER buttons are working (radio volume control, mute... etc)

Are any warning lights on (abs, tc, engine light.....). The CC gets locked out if other certain things are not working.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
This sounds nuts but it worked for me and is apparently a well known “solution”.

Whang the holly heckfire out off the steering wheel at 2 o’clock position or the 3 o’clock position. No, I’m not joking. I’ve never had the dealer look at it and never replaced anything, and I ordered new my ‘12 JKUR to spec. It did this quite a few times back when it was new. It’s not done it in a couple years now, but there you have it.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
All the other buttons work.
I narrowed it down to it not being the clockspring
Given all the other buttons are working, I would tend to agree its not the clockspring.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
No warning lights on either

If that includes no airbag warning (driver's airbag), this further confirms it is not the clockspring.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have no idea whether mine works or not. I have a standard and don't really see how cruise control would work with that. I'm constantly switching gears. I honestly don't even know how to turn it on..

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have no idea whether mine works or not. I have a standard and don't really see how cruise control would work with that. I'm constantly switching gears. I honestly don't even know how to turn it on..
Cruise control is to hold your speed for periods of time, manual or auto doesn't matter, it does the same thing for either. If your shifting gears you're not at a point where you'd want to hold your speed.

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
Check your brake fluid level. Ensure it is full.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts