Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been noticing a crunch like feeling as I'm driving in the floor boards and heavily near the base of the gear nob. Driving while in neutral seems to make it worse. I have no idea what it could be and don't want to take it into a shop if I can possibly do it myself. I realize that my description is not the best in the world but I don't know how else to explain it. Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It sounds like the linkage for the transfer case might be loose. If you have an auto it could be the Shifter linkage.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Could this also be messing with the 4x4 connection?
Well if your shifter lever goes soft (ie: not changing gears in the transfer case) then yes it could have popped the post out of the side of the transfer case. There was a TSB our for early model TJs that replaced the little boot and spring on the post that changes the gears. My Dad's TJ (1998), the post popped out of the transfer case and it was stuck in neutral. Had to get under the Jeep and manually shift it back into 2WD to drive home.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts