Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I love it when a plan comes together. I didn't quiet finish but got so close I have to show it off. I've had a set of Poison Spyder crusher flares and Rock Brawler 2 bumper at the paint shop for a week. I got them back Monday and my back ordered Rock Krawler 2.5 stock mod lift was delivered Monday too. Today was my day off for this week so I got up bright and early and went to it. The only thing I didn't finish was the fender liners. I was too tired and my back and knees hurt too much to keep going. I'll get to them next week.

The only problems I ran into is the spare rubs the new bumper. I took a break around noon and ordered a relocation bracket that'll fix it. That and when I finished the lift the traction control kept kicking in on the test drive. A little Wrangler Forum research educated me about the importance of a centered steering wheel and now the problem is solved.

Here it is what it looked like 2 weeks ago when I started.

Here is what it turned into.

·
Registered
907 Posts
WOW, that is flipping Sweet man. Nice everything great job Congrats......

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awesome job! Jeep looks perfect.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like it!
Doesn't look like you have wheel spacers on the Pintlers - any issues with rubbing with those 35's?
I've had it at full lock in both directions and it doesn't rub. The fender liners will not go in until next Wednesday but I don't think it'll rub with them in either. Now I haven't run it disconnected yet either. That might be a different story.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Hot dang that looks good!! Love the PS flairs!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks sweet! Now you need a star and some stencil markings!

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
Nicely done!!!!

I agree with a few military markings needed. :drinks:

·
Registered
284 Posts
:awesome:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What front bumper and what backspacing on the wheels?

AEV say's the back spacing is 5.2". I read somewhere the earlier Pintlers had less but don't know that to be a fact.

The front bumper is a Rugged Ridge XHD with a mini stinger and stubby end caps. It came with the textured paint. It took about 3 hours with a D/A sander to clean it up and then was resprayed commando green.

I agree on the "stencil" markings. That would really set it off!

·
Registered
284 Posts
AEV say's the back spacing is 5.2". I read somewhere the earlier Pintlers had less but know that to be a fact.

The front bumper is a Rugged Ridge XHD with a mini stinger and stubby end caps. It came with the textured paint. It took about 3 hours with a D/A sander to clean it up and then was resprayed commando green.

I agree on the "stencil" markings. That would really set it off!
similar...looking to do fenders as well

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts