Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
So money's tight and we're not disciplined enough to save for repairs, so I'm gonna add a warranty. My question is whether I should choose my credit union's offering, which they can just roll into my .9% loan or ChryslerWarranty.com's which I'd have to refi (though I still think it would be .9%).

The CU goes through Route 66 and is $1450 for 5 years, starting when I sign, or 100k total. This has roadside assistance, total loss refund, and no deductible. As best I can tell, the only thing not covered besides "wear items" is "sound reproduction," which I assume means radio.

The cheapest Chrysler I've found would be $1700 for added care plus, 7 years/100k- essentially the same since this goes from first service date. This is very similar to above, but with $100 deductible and, it seems, radio coverage.

Thoughts?

One last thing: there's a shop I really like to work with down the street- I'm thinking the former would allow me to deal with them instead of the dealer, which might be nice.

S

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I would check out Route 66, make sure it is a reputable company, also, ask what they mean by sound reproduction. Then sit down and do a side by side comparison. Then go with the one that best suits your needs.

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Just to be clear . . .

You realize that warranties don't pay for repairs on anything you break, right? Only things that are "defective." If you break something offroading or in a fender bender, your warranty isn't likely to apply.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I know how warranties work. I don't do much off-road, and what I do is simple. I'm thinking more about reliability. I've already had the brake pump replaced, and I think there might be a heater and power steering issue. These are repairs currently under warranty, but that I couldn't really afford in six months when not.

S

1 - 4 of 4 Posts