Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys forgive me, I know how we can be to some of the noobs on the cummins forum sites.I'm an avid Dodge Cummings enithiest and am pretty darn handy witha wrench. The jeep is my mom's which she always calls me over to her house to fix it for her.

Now her tranny is shot. I read on a cummins site that alot of you guys are dropping in NV4500's which is actually what i have in my truck. I dont think i need to go this heavy duty as its a daily driver, to and from the feed store or around the feilds to feed horses. The only offroading it see's is the beach and i baby it when im out there (no where to hook up the winch to)

The tranny is slipping out of gear. Its had a new master/slave cylinder in it but i know for a fact 1-2 & 2-3 synchro's are shot. she says she can hardly drive it now because of how much it slips out of gear.

Based on that What are your recomendations for my next step?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh it has a 5spd tranny in it with a straight 6 motor. I believe the drive line is stock. It was bought second hand with the accessories that are on it. And as always bang for the buck is of importance!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey man, I'm on the Cummins Forum too. Welcome to WF. The AX-15 behind the inline six is actually a good tranny, not like the AX-5 on the four banger. I wouldn't hesitate to drop in a replacement. They hold up well even behind mild V8's.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts