Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure there's one but I cant find a current one. Starting to look and there are so many lights in the game now. Looking for LED obviously. Sorry if it's obvious can't find one.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
I'm sure there's one but I cant find a current one. Starting to look and there are so many lights in the game now. Looking for LED obviously. Sorry if it's obvious can't find one.
Brightness, Beam shape and consistency etc etc = JWSpeaker

Then there is everybody else.

Here is a link with two(2) compared to the best bulb only replacement.
JWS nowhere near that expensive now and there are newer versions.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/electrical/129-1212-high-output-led-headlight-test/

·
Premium Member
8,177 Posts
Reactions: RubiconSS

·
Registered
801 Posts
This is a highly debated topic on this board and everyone's opinion will vary but JW Speaker, Trucklites, and Quadratec seem to be the most popular. Be careful with the Chinese imports, some people have had good luck and others haven't.

From personal experience I like the JW Speakers the best. I tried several knock offs not want to spend the big $$ but had flicker problems with a couple and found inferior light output on another. I had seen the Trucklites and the JW's in friends Jeeps and like the JW's the best so that is what I went with. I installed them 18 months ago and couldn't be happier.

·
Premium Member
16,895 Posts
JW's are under $500 now.
Don't remind me. When I bought mine the HL's/FL's were like $1250 then the TL's on top of that :rant:

I never even got a thank you from them when I "early adopted" my evo2's and called JWS and said, "Houston you have a problem". That was the high to low beam delay issue.
Whatever......

·
Premium Member
8,177 Posts
lol, at least JW Speakers have come down. Can't say the same thing for my Vision X lights. Of course I got a very good deal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Been trying to find light beam comparison photos, found a few and looks like trucklitws have the better spread and cover better immediately closer to the bumper (lower?). Plus hard to tell a difference with the Jw speakers low and hi beams.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Been trying to find light beam comparison photos, found a few and looks like trucklitws have the better spread and cover better immediately closer to the bumper (lower?). Plus hard to tell a difference with the Jw speakers low and hi beams.
In real life, it's easy. Just buy them. 8700j's can be had for well under 500.00. And they are outstanding. Of course this is my opinion. But I have seen them side by side in the dark compared to "best " lights and trucklite

·
Premium Member
8,177 Posts
I'll give you VisionX:

Low Beam

High Beam

I am running a High 4 setup. The shadows you are seeing is caused by the bar on the bumper.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In real life, it's easy. Just buy them. 8700j's can be had for well under 500.00. And they are outstanding. Of course this is my opinion. But I have seen them side by side in the dark compared to "best " lights and trucklite
Haha wish it were that easy. I'm so OCD. So far light pattern looks more spread out on trucks but I'm open! Where'd ya get such a great deal if I may ask?

·
Registered
551 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,177 Posts
Any flickering on the vision x? Ever compared them in person to trucklitws or jws?
They come with a anti flicker harness when you order the JK Kit. I have not personally compared them. When I bought mine they where new to the market and at the time JW Speaker and Vision X where over $700 for the pair. I have been very happy with them and I would say with the Hi-4 harness there is not another light on the market that is better. Of course can you shallow $800 for a pair of headlights. JW Speaker for $500 is a better deal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts