Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my accident back on Oct 8th, my Jeep as been at the shop. It had a bent axle housing and shaft and bent rear control arms. All that was replaced and now it's on to the body work. Due to the way I was hit (T-boned) it crumpled the floor some. The only way to repair the floor is to pull/cut off the entire side of the Jeep. Luckily there was enough damage to the side for the them to order a new replacement piece for the entire right side. I went by the shop a couple times this week to see the progress, as I'm impressed at what a body shop can do to a vehicle. Here's the pictures from Wed and Thursday.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
I’m sorry to hear about your accident and hope everyone is ok. That’s a huge amount of damage. How was this not totaled?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The total damage is around $14k and quite a bit of that is labor. The state of NH doesn't force it to be totaled until after 75%. The value of a 2016 JKU with 64k miles is not even close to a total loss here. The crazy part to me, the car that hit me was only doing about 25 or so, whatever it was was low enough to not deploy their airbags.

Remember, these pictures are after the body shop has cut off the right side, which was damaged in the accident.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want a new one. I ordered this one, it's exactly what I wanted, and I can't order a JKU anymore, so I'm sticking with this one. If there are issues after the repair we shall see, but for now, I will roll with this.

·
Premium Member
1,948 Posts
keep us posted. i’m very curious to see how the end result looks and performs. i hope this is a top notch body shop. this is some next level sh!t.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I would upgrade the diffs to Dynatrac and front with hubs. Would go with a top quality adjustable CA's. OEM stuff is so expensive that any quality aftermarket part isn't much, if any, more. Time to upgrade and do the mods. You'll have a hand built better than new JK if you play your cards right.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't want a new one. I ordered this one, it's exactly what I wanted, and I can't order a JKU anymore, so I'm sticking with this one. If there are issues after the repair we shall see, but for now, I will roll with this.
Glad to see everyone is ok. I looked over a JLU when I decided to trade my Ram off, jumped on a JKU when I saw the Hydro blue.

Thanks for the pics, please keep us updated.

·
Registered
844 Posts
That is rather amazing to see sliced open like that, some body shops are true artists. Your future resale will be effected if that matters to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts