Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive gone back and forth with lifts and i apologize if its getting annoyong. But, i have read many reviews and found out that people reccomend to do it all at once and do it right. So ive got a list of lift and tires and other things to make my stock jeep more capable and to lift it. here they are all from summit racing. Is this all I would need to insure a good ride and to get it done right or do I need anything else? anybody else running any of these products I know a lot of people like currie and I am looking to do it right the first time. Here you go ....
· Currie 4 inch lift - Currie Enterprises CE9800H- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CUR-CE9800H/ - $1800
· BFGoodrich Tires 08012- BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BFG-08012/ -for all 4- $824
· Bilstein 24-185943 - Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks- front 2 $172
· Bilstein 33-185934 - Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks- rear 2 $ 172
· ORV Suspension 18676.60 - Rugged Ridge Transfer Case Slip Yoke Eliminator Kits- $ 190
· ORV Suspension 16592.05 - Rugged Ridge CV Driveshafts- $ 420
· Currie Enterprises CE-9120R - Currie Enterprises Johnny Joint Rear Adjustable Trac Bars- $230
· Skyjacker Suspensions FBL44 - Skyjacker Stainless Steel Braided Brake Hoses- $ 103
Thank you very much, Joey.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
You can save some serious money by shopping around. Look in the vendor section of jeepforum.com for a vendor named Kolak. He'll set you up with the correct Bilsteins for about $50 less. Skip the Rugged Ridge SYE and CV shaft. You can get an SYE from JB Conversions for around $230 shipped and a CV Shaft from Tatton's for approximately $250.

What about lockers and gears?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only reason that I am getting it at summit is because I am able to get a good discount on all of their products if I order from them so is there anything that summit sells that you would reccomend because I can get a great discount. I appreciate the other suggestions but i think i can beat there prices by going through summit. And im not getting any lockers or gears just yet mabe in the future. Thanks, Joey.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,135 Posts
Are those prices shown above after your discount at Summit? If so, get a quote on them from Gerald at Savvy Offroad. Savvvy is a major Currie dealer and their combination Currie 4" suspension and Antirock kit sells for less than the total of the two prices you listed. So is Savvy's pricing on a combo Tom Wood CV driveshaft/SYE Kit. On a package deal, Gerald's list prices already beat Summit's discounted prices if the prices you show above are Summit's after discount price.

And on that rear CE9120R track bar, Gerald is selling only Currie's redesigned CE9120R that has JJ's at both ends and has new bend angles that keep the track bar from hitting the gas tank. Is Summit selling the older or the latest version of the CE9120R? The CE9120R does require an angled mounting bracket which Gerald can help you with as well.

He can probably get you everything except for the tires. And lastly, Gerald builds TJs and knows them inside and out... unlike the lack of post-sales support you'd get from Summit on installation type issues. My bet is you can do better on those types of parts from Savvy Offroad than Summit... whom I have bought a lot of other types of parts from over the past 15 years.

Savvy Offroad

·
Premium Member
8,897 Posts
I just left the Expo and Gerald hooked me up on some Savvy sliders. Talk to him monday and give him a chance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok Ill talk to gerald but i may be able to get 50 percent or less discount on all of the above parts from summit. im not sure though on the percent. But it would be 50 percent off of the prices I listed do you think anyone would be able to beat that? Thanks for all of the advice, Joey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts