Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
Yep, thats it. Not a bad price for those who want it! I got real lucky and paid $225 for mine on Craigslist

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got my AntiRock from Savvy when I bought my lift, that Amazon kit looks like the whole kit. 1 hour to install and so very much worth the extra money. It floats over any terrain and never have to disconnect.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I really didnt notice much of a difference in the way mine handles afterwards

·
Registered
288 Posts
You won't regret buying it.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I am considering the Antirock from Savvy but how is it with everyday driving compared to stock? More body roll?
Shawn4WD,
The real answer is a matter of perspective. If you drive your Jeep as a daily driver and, your routes are comprised of many turns, higher speed curves, turns combined with stops, and more, and you REALLY know your Jeep, then changing to the Anti-Rock will DEFINITELY be noticeable.

You WILL get considerably more body lean. It's inevitable due to the fact that, the Currie unit is only 1/2 as thick as a stock sway bar. The leverage adjustments do allow for a bit of tension adjustments but, in the end, it's not near as good as a stock sway bar, FOR STREET DRIVING. Many will argue my statments. That's OK, that's why we live in America.

The Currie unit was derived as a "Do-All". In that, in it's mid range adjustment, it's supposed to be strong enough to be better than nothing for street driving, it barely does that good. And, in the midrange adjustment, for off road driving, it's "supposed" to be as good as, NO SWAY BAR CONNECTION at all. Well, it really doesn't do that good either.

Trying to make something like this, handle both ends of the extremes, is pretty much impossible. But, apparently it's good enough for many folks to purchase and use as there are many on here and, around the U.S. in the Jeeping world that have installed and use them.

We've owned 3 TJ Jeeps. All of them were lifted. Lifting them makes them more vulnerable to body role due to some obvious changes like, RAISING THE CENTER OF GRAVITY!!! So, in order for me, AND MY WIFE, to safely drive our Jeeps on curvy, higher rate of speed roads, city driving with many turns and stops, and more, I required the Jeep to handle street driving as close to bone stock as possible. And the only way to do that is, with a stock sway bar.

I don't have any problem disconnecting my sway bar at the beginning of a trail or, re-connecting them at the end. I want that suspension to move as freely as it can, without any restrictions, AT ALL! So, these are my thoughts, as usual, just an opinion.
Scott

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
We've owned 3 TJ Jeeps. All of them were lifted. Lifting them makes them more vulnerable to body role due to some obvious changes like, RAISING THE CENTER OF GRAVITY!!! So, in order for me, AND MY WIFE, to safely drive our Jeeps on curvy, higher rate of speed roads, city driving with many turns and stops, and more, I required the Jeep to handle street driving as close to bone stock as possible. And the only way to do that is, with a stock sway bar.
The OEM bar and disconnects are not the only way but are the least expensive way. But just for the record, once I sorted out the PO installed TF Street and Trail anti-rock, it now works wonderfully. It is quiet and stable on the road in the street position and it is stiffer than the OEM bar which is great for a lifted vehicle as my Jeep corners very flat. Yet in the trail position there is a lot of flexibility allowing maximum axle movement but still retains some control. I do have to get out of the vehicle and turn a knob that engages/disengages the inner and outer torsion rods.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Scott! Great feedback.

Shawn4WD,
The real answer is a matter of perspective. If you drive your Jeep as a daily driver and, your routes are comprised of many turns, higher speed curves, turns combined with stops, and more, and you REALLY know your Jeep, then changing to the Anti-Rock will DEFINITELY be noticeable.

You WILL get considerably more body lean. It's inevitable due to the fact that, the Currie unit is only 1/2 as thick as a stock sway bar. The leverage adjustments do allow for a bit of tension adjustments but, in the end, it's not near as good as a stock sway bar, FOR STREET DRIVING. Many will argue my statments. That's OK, that's why we live in America.

The Currie unit was derived as a "Do-All". In that, in it's mid range adjustment, it's supposed to be strong enough to be better than nothing for street driving, it barely does that good. And, in the midrange adjustment, for off road driving, it's "supposed" to be as good as, NO SWAY BAR CONNECTION at all. Well, it really doesn't do that good either.

Trying to make something like this, handle both ends of the extremes, is pretty much impossible. But, apparently it's good enough for many folks to purchase and use as there are many on here and, around the U.S. in the Jeeping world that have installed and use them.

I don't have any problem disconnecting my sway bar at the beginning of a trail or, re-connecting them at the end. I want that suspension to move as freely as it can, without any restrictions, AT ALL! So, these are my thoughts, as usual, just an opinion.
Scott
Thanks Scott! Great feedback. Your comments really hit home to what really is important to me. I am going to avoid the Antirock since the TJ is my daily driver but to each their own. :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
257 Posts
359 is what I paid last year. From quadratech . They must have went up in price. I'll have to disagree with Scott on the premis that. The antilock doesn't do as well as running full disco. Will it limit some flex? Yes,but at full drop running disco there is no weight on that tire so your not getting traction anyway. Off-road it is the bees knees compared to disco. I ran the same trails before and after and the difference is night and day in traction and stability. Now,that being said. I find it tolerable to drive mine on the street on the second from the loosest setting out of the 5 settings. I do have an Lj, 4'' short arm & 35's. The longer wheelbase might be helping out. I haven't ever set it any tighter,but I could imagine that it would drive pretty well. I drive pretty "spirited" to say the least. It will have more body roll, but if you wheel it often it's one of the best upgrades you can do. Their are also duel rate setups like the terra flex one or the sway lock , but those run north of $600

·
Knows a couple things...
49,618 Posts
I've run Currie Antirocks on two TJs for maybe 16 years. Both served daily driver duties and both Antirocks ending up being set permanently to their least stiff settings. That is despite the fact they spend a lot of time on my local tight twisty mountain roads. Usually while towing my popup tent trailer. Was there any excessive sway? No, not in the least. That is because I run good shocks. Currently Rancho RS5000x, prior to that Old Man Emu Nitrochargers. Before that RE Monotubes, Rock Krawlers, etc.. My Antirock was fine with all of them. Run soft mushy shocks like Skyjacker Hydros and handling will suffer.

My point? That it's BS that you will have a poor handling TJ simply because you installed Currie's Antirock. Built with a little common sense using well thought out components and it'll handle fine with an Antirock. Build a TJ with a Frankenstein lift, a kludged steering system, excessive lift height, under-inflated tires, weak shocks, etc. and yes indeed an Antirock will then be enough to have produced a TJ with excessive sway.

If you could drive my TJ through my local mountain roads, you'd notice just how well it handles... like it is on rails. Despite its 35" tires, 4" suspension lift, 1" body lift and its Antirock set to its loosest least stiff setting.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Shawn4WD, The real answer is a matter of perspective. If you drive your Jeep as a daily driver and, your routes are comprised of many turns, higher speed curves, turns combined with stops, and more, and you REALLY know your Jeep, then changing to the Anti-Rock will DEFINITELY be noticeable. You WILL get considerably more body lean. It's inevitable due to the fact that, the Currie unit is only 1/2 as thick as a stock sway bar. The leverage adjustments do allow for a bit of tension adjustments but, in the end, it's not near as good as a stock sway bar, FOR STREET DRIVING. Many will argue my statments. That's OK, that's why we live in America. The Currie unit was derived as a "Do-All". In that, in it's mid range adjustment, it's supposed to be strong enough to be better than nothing for street driving, it barely does that good. And, in the midrange adjustment, for off road driving, it's "supposed" to be as good as, NO SWAY BAR CONNECTION at all. Well, it really doesn't do that good either. Trying to make something like this, handle both ends of the extremes, is pretty much impossible. But, apparently it's good enough for many folks to purchase and use as there are many on here and, around the U.S. in the Jeeping world that have installed and use them. We've owned 3 TJ Jeeps. All of them were lifted. Lifting them makes them more vulnerable to body role due to some obvious changes like, RAISING THE CENTER OF GRAVITY!!! So, in order for me, AND MY WIFE, to safely drive our Jeeps on curvy, higher rate of speed roads, city driving with many turns and stops, and more, I required the Jeep to handle street driving as close to bone stock as possible. And the only way to do that is, with a stock sway bar. I don't have any problem disconnecting my sway bar at the beginning of a trail or, re-connecting them at the end. I want that suspension to move as freely as it can, without any restrictions, AT ALL! So, these are my thoughts, as usual, just an opinion. Scott
I wholeheartedly do not agree with this.

·
Super Moderator
6,991 Posts
I've run Currie Antirocks on two TJs for maybe 16 years. Both served daily driver duties and both Antirocks ending up being set permanently to their least stiff settings. That is despite the fact they spend a lot of time on my local tight twisty mountain roads. Usually while towing my popup tent trailer. Was there any excessive sway? No, not in the least. That is because I run good shocks. Currently Rancho RS5000x, prior to that Old Man Emu Nitrochargers. Before that RE Monotubes, Rock Krawlers, etc.. My Antirock was fine with all of them. Run soft mushy shocks like Skyjacker Hydros and handling will suffer.

My point? That it's BS that you will have a poor handling TJ simply because you installed Currie's Antirock. Built with a little common sense using well thought out components and it'll handle fine with an Antirock. Build a TJ with a Frankenstein lift, a kludged steering system, excessive lift height, under-inflated tires, weak shocks, etc. and yes indeed an Antirock will then be enough to have produced a TJ with excessive sway.

If you could drive my TJ through my local mountain roads, you'd notice just how well it handles... like it is on rails. Despite its 35" tires, 4" suspension lift, 1" body lift and its Antirock set to its loosest least stiff setting.

x2

dont get turned away from one of the best offroad upgrades you can get because one persons experience.

i have been driving with an AR in the loosest setting for about 3 years and regularly drive my gf's jeep, which has an OEM anti-sway bar, the difference is negligible.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I ordered my kit through amazon and it is the whole package. I DD mine 30+ miles each way everyday and don't mind it at all. There is slightly more body roll, but not something that should deter you from buying the kit. Just remember it's a Jeep after all.. Mine handles great on and off road..

Plus.. when you get to a trail, you just go.. no need to get out and disconnect and same when you're done. Just drive out. No getting muddy and hoping you parked at the right angle to get connected again. There's a reason KOH rigs run them and win with them!

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
The last 4 posters are spot on. One of the best mods I have done to my TJ.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought one since I posted this. Installed last week. There is definitely slightly more body roll but I haven't had time to drive it around much and test it. Have it on the 2nd loosest setting for now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts