Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new Currie steering a while ago and got some grease to go in a couple zerk fittings but now I tried to add more grease to finish them. The grease gun gets a couple pumps out and then starts to back up and I can't pump it anymore. So I take the grease gun off and the grease starts to ooze out of the zerk fittings. Are the zerk fittings bad and just need to be replaced or is some voodoo magic I need to know about Currie stuff? I have the right adapter for my gun to zerk fitting also.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
It's full. Leave it alone before you blow out the TRE.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I take that back about the grease boots. I guess they aren't like other grease boots. I'm not forcing grease into hence why I came to ask for help. But so you are saying that brand new TRE only need a half a pump on a grease gun to be full?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most joints come from the factory with grease in them to ease assembly and so when they ship/get put on a shelf, they don't rust or corrode from humidity and other factors. There may have been almost enough grease in them to begin with.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,624 Posts
The clearances inside the Currie joints with grease zerks are very (!) tight, they don't take much grease at all. And they take some pressure to get grease into them due to that tight clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts