Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 JL Wrangler 2Dr
43 Posts
I just bought a 2011 JK Sport to tow behind my motorhome and I use a blue ox aventa tow bar. Instead of a Blue Ox base base plate, I bought the Currie Mount. I have not installed it but it appears to be easier from the instructions than the Blue Ox Plate. I think it will look better than the Blue OX plate and it also acts as a front skid plate. Lastly, it was only $199 compared to $360 for the Blue Ox.

Hope someone on this forum has mounted one and can provide insight. Thanks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have used Blue Ox base-plates on all of my toad Jeeps and really like them. In fact, I moved the plate from my 2007 to my 2011 so I am definitely getting my money's worth out of it. I honestly have never seen or heard of Currie but they look good and the price is definitely reasonable. Let us know if you buy and install. I might be interested for next time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just bought a 2011 JK Sport to tow behind my motorhome and I use a blue ox aventa tow bar. Instead of a Blue Ox base base plate, I bought the Currie Mount. I have not installed it but it appears to be easier from the instructions than the Blue Ox Plate. I think it will look better than the Blue OX plate and it also acts as a front skid plate. Lastly, it was only $199 compared to $360 for the Blue Ox.

Hope someone on this forum has mounted one and can provide insight. Thanks
Do you have any idea what gauge steel the Currie is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts