Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent really had my TJ for very long at all but I dont like the front bumper. I own a ZJ and I know that a lot of people fabricate their own bumpers for them (I made my rear bumper) since they are expensive and there isnt a huge selection. It seems like not as many people build their own Wrangler bumpers but I may be wrong. Anyway, Im going to be building one for the front of my TJ and I was curious to see what any of you had made. Even if you bought post pics. I have a general design in my head but I would like to see what works well and what doesnt. I know I'd like a narrow square bumper with a stinger and a winch mount. Its also going to have a steering skid and light mounts built in (D-shackles too of course). Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Debruins-Thanks, that is very helpful actually. I have been taking metal fabrication classes for 5 years now so I have gotten pretty decent at welding. The thing is I just dont know any good places to check out other people stuff since I just got into the whole Wrangler scene. That has given me more of an idea of what to do.

Scoob-I appreciate the thought, and thats a pretty cool site, but I have the metal around here anyway. I dont really want to spend any money so Im gonna just fabricate it all in my garage.

I wish I had a better welder because all I run now is a crappy Miller with flux core wire. It makes the welding a little harder to make smooth but I have adapted. I am going on a small wheeling trip in a month and I want to have this project done (long with some rock rails). I will post pics as soon as Im finished. Keep the pics and ideas comming though!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Change of plans. I guess I have less metal laying around then I thought. Im just going to mod the stock bumper by cutting it down a bit and welding a stinger and steering skid onto it. Hopefully it comes out close to the way I had originally wanted it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Change of plans. I guess I have less metal laying around then I thought. Im just going to mod the stock bumper by cutting it down a bit and welding a stinger and steering skid onto it. Hopefully it comes out close to the way I had originally wanted it.
Stock bumper and a dremel.
Tomken Winch mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts