Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I just got my Cobra 29 LX in yesterday and I'm thinking of ways to mount it. I was thinkin of either taking the factory sub out of my center console and mounting my cb in there, or taking the shelf off the inside my glove box and mounting it in there.

Has anyone on here done that? If so please post up some pics wanting so see how it looks and any pros/cons about these 2 locations. I want to do it like this because it's bigger than the smaller units, 2.25" H 7.25" W and 9.25" D. don't want to keep it on the dash as its big and bulky. thanks in advance guys

this is how big it is ontop my dash

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Center console is where I plan to put mine when I get around to that project!!
cool so I'm not the only one who plans on that. I think I'm gonna take the damn locking thing off as mine is hard to push and maybe replace with something better or leave it out. I need to make measurements to make sure it will fit above the whole some so I can fiddles with the knobs. have you don't any research on it yet?

I have a few things going on right now such as my winch install which won't happen till Saturday when the plate gets here. then run the wires for my cb this week, antenna cable to tear then to the front for now then figuring out the details later. along with the power wire and installing my antenna when it gets here tomorrow

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm not planning on a full size radio. I am likely going to buy one of the cobra 75WXST. It is small and compact and will fit my needs.
cool deal bud, and I caught my cobra for a good deal which is why I got it. I should fit though, might start pulling it apart tonight. I need to run to autozone an get my new battery terminals first then hook up my fuse block so I can get everything off my battery. might do that this weekend

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have my 2 meter ham radio mounted in my center console. I didn't have a sub and it has worked out perfectly. Plus it makes it secure.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think I've decided on the Arizona rocky road spare tire mount for the antenna. And my antenna is gonna be a 5 ft firestik 2. Im hoping I can get it to pick up about 15 miles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts