Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've completed my swap to the Teraflex HD Carrier and thus have been forced to remove my custom Commando Green JEEP tramp stamp.

I've only had this installed a few weeks.

I bought it for $55 from Swag Off-Road and then put $200 into to get it painted. I've also included a close-up picture to show how the paint is chipped where the bolts tighten down on the plate. These marks aren't visible once you put the bolts on though. But I want to be thorough and make you aware.

I'll looking to sell it for $165 shipped. I also have for sale as separate items two mini UFOs for the rear rubber tire bumper holes and the electrical delete UFO.

The two minis are $22 + shipping from Vector Off-Road and the electrical delete UFO is $12. I can do $30 shipped for all three. I painted the screw heads black to blend them in and give it a clean look. They complete the "no-tire" rear end very well IMO.

And the UFOs

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I have to ask, you have no spare on your vehicle at all ?
I'll go ahead and cover this one time since it isn't covered in this thread.

If I'm riding around town I choose to not have a spare tire. There's little risk in that since I can call my wife or friends for assistance. If I venture outside of about a 40 mile radius I toss it in the back.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey man. Nice jeep. Just wanted to ask where did you get the plugs for the holes on the tailgate where the wire harness and tire bumps were. I have a tramp stamp with holes in my tailgate now.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey man. Nice jeep. Just wanted to ask where did you get the plugs for the holes on the tailgate where the wire harness and tire bumps were. I have a tramp stamp with holes in my tailgate now.
Those are called UFOs and they're made by Vector Off-Road.

I'm actually selling those as well, as mentioned in the listing below. I only had them on for a couple weeks.

I'll ship all three to you for $30. I slightly customized those as well by painting the head of the mounting bolt black. It blended that in nicely. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Bumpity bump.

BTW, the UFOs have sold. The tail gate cover (tramp stamp) is still for sale.
Awesome! I just ordered my Rear UFO's today for my tailgate! Good luck on the sale of your Tramp Stamp.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
How did it cost you $200 to paint that? That sounds high even for a custom powder coating.

just curious

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's as simple as me overpaying for it. Really, that's it. :/ That $200 does also include a quart of Commando Green paint that I've used since painting this though. So part of that money outlay has paid off subsequently. But still, I did overpay for the labor.

But I won't pass that dumb move on to the next guy that picks this up. It has been tough getting interest, but there really is such a small subset of people that run without a spare or do a tramp stamp mod. Then finding a Jeeper with Commando Green narrows that field even further.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Its really smooth looking, I like it.
I was thinking on doing something similar once I get a swing away tire rack.
good luck with the sale

1 - 17 of 17 Posts