Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all im looking to make half doors that aren't just tube doors but are covered with probably some sheet.metal. anyone made this kinda door before? Also looking on advice for the latch as well. So far I've just got a piece notched out that grabs the door latch and it works but it's not the best. Also looking forward to seeing what shapes your half doors are

Heres what I've got so far. The hinges are 3/8 allen wretches and its 1/2 14 gauge tube.

To the right is my lame pvc / shower curtain door im replacing

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had thoughts of cutting a pair of full doors down then forming and blending a strip of metal to fill in where you cut off. Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
johninmichigan said:
I had thoughts of cutting a pair of full doors down then forming and blending a strip of metal to fill in where you cut off. Just a thought.
Seems lije a good way to get a waterlight seal but would be expensive cause I don't have a n extra set of full doors. Anyways I'm gunna try and get a half door going this week sometime once I get some metal. Ill post some pics and you all can help me improve it

·
Registered
358 Posts
John In Mich, Great idea if you can get them cheap enough.
I may do the ones on my CJ7 after I find a second set for winter. I planned on just following the body line in the top of the door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts