Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out my shocks in my 13 without cutting the inner liner at all, but what a waste of time and frustration that was.

I am planning a lift/shocks on my wifes 16, and don't want to waste so much time and effort this time on the front shock tower bolts. I know guys cut the plastic, but I've heard people say they did so and was able to get the impact on it. So I assume this was a hole front the top? I also seen other video's where they make a slight cut on the inner fender liner above the shock from the wheel well.

I am asking what you guys do, maybe a picture or two to help the cutting where/what for when I toss shocks on the wifey's Jeep to save time and frustration!

As always, thank you WF!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I very slightly cut the fender liner right above the shock.....just enough to get a flat wrench in there. I used a bicycle flat wrench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
I did as @cbrown06 did. I used a dremel to cut just enough to get a box wrench with racket up there. Made it so much easier.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
On my 12, the drivers side can be gotten to with a wrench, no mods. The passengers side needed to have part of the battery tray side cut out to access the bolt easily.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm also planning this route on the passenger side. I recently installed a Safari snorkel and any work on that side will require now the removal of the air duct. I have read several people drilling a hole thru the battery base plate, removing the battery and the relay box is really not that hard they're plenty of videos on YouTube just search for dual battery Jeep JK and follow the same steps for the battery and relay box, unfortunately I haven't found a video or picture on where exactly drill the whole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts