Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive decide my jeep is now fulltime ohv and will be licensed that way so I dont have to pay insurance for something thats not on paved road.. I wanna cut my front fenders almost completely off and cut my rear body so i can clear bigger tires my brother claims to " know how" but I need some more help how much can I cut in rear and how far out from the hood should I cut on the front? Should i use a grinder and cut off wheel or a tiger saw or even a bad saw well I could use a torch if thats easier.. jut need some advice thanks to any help

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to add if anyone wants some Bushwacker flares if my brother doesn't want them they will be up for sale

·
Registered
391 Posts
plasma cutter sounds easy

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I use to have plasma cutter but it died. But i did stubby my front bumber today tomorrow I gonna tackle the fenders if I get help on here or not ill just take a shot in the dark on where and how to cut haha hopefully looks good

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I've heard of people using a jigsaw with a metal blade, but if youre handy with a cut off wheel, I'd go that route.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Invest into some Metalcloaks. It gives your Jeep that aggressive look that a lack of fenders just does not give.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Xpress said:
Invest into some Metalcloaks. It gives your Jeep that aggressive look that a lack of fenders just does not give.
Thought about it. Decdied not to

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
one thing to consider is when you cut your fenders they lose all their support..they may look good when you first cut them but will be warped out of shape soon..that was the case with my rock crawler so recently I built some heavy duty fender covers for it

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
harleydragon said:
one thing to consider is when you cut your fenders they lose all their support..they may look good when you first cut them but will be warped out of shape soon..that was the case with my rock crawler so recently I built some heavy duty fender covers for it
I was gonna cut them like half inch from the hood and build some custom hood latches what u guys think

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
That's also another reason to go with Cloaks. Those fenders might have the appearance of being weak, but they can take a SERIOUS beating. They're well worth the investment.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
nothing wrong with the 1/2 inch cut if thats the look you like..I started off with old flat fender willys' so I guess that's the look that's my favorite

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
That's also another reason to go with Cloaks. Those fenders might have the appearance of being weak, but they can take a SERIOUS beating. They're well worth the investment.
Yeah but for about $50 in steel, and a little time in the garage i can make some that are just as good... Planning on doing mine soon too. Mine are rusty.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well ill cut them if i done like it I can always weld some flats on with some tube make it strong! Idk if ill like my idea I just wanna get a new look goin so ill test it out!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Well ill cut them if i done like it I can always weld some flats on with some tube make it strong! Idk if ill like my idea I just wanna get a new look goin so ill test it out!

Thats the way to go. Mostly free and like you said it can always be changed for very little money or huge money if you decide to go with the metal cloack stuff.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Put some serious cutting in today! Found out the po really liked bondo... also found out I have been tearing hell into the funders all destroyed anyway so thats good stuff to find out.. not to worried about the bondo or damage already do to its not a dd anymore. Also measure twice cut once accedently cut into the inside of my jeep but its all welded up and fixed.. tomorrow gonna clean up and fill in some holes didn't get pictures to distracted but ill post some up tomorrow! Goin good for now!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well some testing flex shots ill take some more on flat ground tomorrow! Still need some more cleaning up but its getting there !

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Tire

Land vehicle Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Off-road vehicle

1 - 20 of 28 Posts