Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! So I am getting ready to order some new wheels and tires + lift kit. I went to my job to measure out the garage before putting any order. The garage sign says a max height of 6' 10". But because of these concrete t-beams (don't know the proper name to it), a good amount of clearance is lost. I know when I roll into and out of the garage my CB antenna taps it (it's a 3 ft. one mounted to a bracket on the spare). Anyway! before I head off-topic, I just wanted to check and get some opinions, if you guys (and gals) think I would clear the garage without any issues having 35's + 2.5in lift (I heard that's about a 4" lift total. 1.5 from the tire and the lift). Or should I run 33's/ish plus minor lift? (tire that I would be getting is either the 315 or Cooper STT Pro's). Image is of the top of the Jeep and the bottom of a t-beam.

IMG_1752.jpg

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just installed a Teraflex 3" lift with 35" tires. I had similar concerns as the garage at my office is only 6' 6". In total my Jeep is now about 6' 2" and clears no problem. Now adding the roof rack . . . ?

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
You will probably be OK but it really depends on the lift, how the Jeep is loaded, and the brand of tires. Some lift kits are designed for a fully loaded Jeep (steel bumpers and rock rails). If you have the stock bumpers, the lift could be higher (maybe as much as an inch). The tires have less effect but many 35" tires come out around 34" to 34.5" after installation. The advertised 35" is before it is under load (in some cases).

I have an AEV 2.5" lift, 295/70/17 tires (34"), and run heavy with steel bumpers, tire carrier, and rock rails. The ground to top of hardtop measurement is 74" (6'2"). Note this is the same as @troyi with a 3" lift and 35's.

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just measured mine... Soft top with 315 Duratracs and 2.5" Teraflex lift. I'm running light with stock bumpers and the doors off and sitting at about 6'6" to the highest part of the top.

I think you should quit your job just to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts