Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would cutting the floor pan out at the rear seats cause any problems for the tub? I wouldn't be cutting the whole pan out just a 2ftx1ft box in the center. My yj is lacking locking storage or I don't trust the stuff I have to keep a firearm in. So my plan was to take my old flush mount wall safe and cut a hole in the back for it to sit. It would end up being welded in. I just wanna know that the tub won't warp or get misshapen because of it.

I figured what would be more safe then a safe? Plus with my seat in the open position it wouldn't be noticed.

Is there anything under the tub that would be in the way?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Probably wouldn't matter as long as you get it all welded back up. Suggest you support the wheel wells just in case before you cut. Also the gas tank is under there! Remove it before you do any cutting/welding on the rear of the floor pan.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably wouldn't matter as long as you get it all welded back up. Suggest you support the wheel wells just in case before you cut. Also the gas tank is under there! Remove it before you do any cutting/welding on the rear of the floor pan.
I figured just as extra support I'd make a ladder type bracket to weld on the underside of the tub going from wheel well to wheel well if there is enough clearance. Just in case, I don't wanna have someone sitting in the back then all of a sudden the pan gives out. I know the gas tank is there, I meant any type of electrical wires or hoses. That's bad wording on my behalf

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Understood, don't forget that the fuel and brake lines as well as fuel pump/sending unit and rear tail light wires run up the Drivers side frame rail. And not sure if yours is the Sam but my pas side PB cable attaches to the underside of the tub in the middle right above the rear axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts