Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen and heard of people cutting down the stock fenders as a temporary fix to short fenders, does anyone know if theres a template to go off of?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I got a $65 set of endcaps from Quadratec and cut my wife's JKU bumper. It took about 20 min to saw the wings off the bumper and install the caps. So easy a caveman could do it. I did it mainly for looks, because I hate the long stock bumper. I took the air damn off as well to saw the bumper and left it off after. No issues with that either other than a slight hood flutter at about 80mph.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I got a $65 set of endcaps from Quadratec and cut my wife's JKU bumper. It took about 20 min to saw the wings off the bumper and install the caps. So easy a caveman could do it. I did it mainly for looks, because I hate the long stock bumper. I took the air damn off as well to saw the bumper and left it off after. No issues with that either other than a slight hood flutter at about 80mph.
Didn't he ask about fenders and not bumper?

·
Administrator
17,009 Posts

Fenders, DMB.... Fenders. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Man, I need more coffee on Monday morning. ugh. On a separate note, it looks like somebody in a bumper thread just got some fender advice as well.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts