Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most write ups and videos i have seen involve cutting the plastic guard in the wheel well , is this neccesary or can i just cut my fenders and leave the plastic alone?

If i need to cut them can you please explain to me why - i know in after market fenders some say you have to cut it but was never sure why.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Most write ups and videos i have seen involve cutting the plastic guard in the wheel well , is this neccesary or can i just cut my fenders and leave the plastic alone?

If i need to cut them can you please explain to me why - i know in after market fenders some say you have to cut it but was never sure why.
If you look under your fenders where the plastic underneath meets the actual flare, you will see that they are connected near the end. So when you cut them, it's essentially impossible to not cut the plastic under the fender (I guess it's possible, but when the flare itself is cut there would be plastic just sitting out in the open for no apparent reason).

Half the reason for cutting flares (or maybe more for some of us :D ) is a nice look, and the other portion is for functionality so you can flex your tires without rubbing the flares. You won't accomplish either of those by leaving the plastic as it is. But if you try it successfully let us know and post pictures!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand - Was just nervous to cut them just in case i mess up my fenders lol - but i guess if i thought about common sense is to cut all fenders first then plastic inside and if i mess up ill just order aftermarket ones and cut plastic anyway!

Thank you for the info
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts