Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if holes can be cut in the dash of a 2013 Sahara Unlimited on the left side of the steering column where the swaybar disconnect switches are on Rubi's? Also does the side panel of dash next to driver's door come out easily and does that make it more accessable for snaking wires and seeing what's back there?:confused:

·
The Bad Guy
23,245 Posts
That side panel pops right off.

·
Registered
876 Posts
You may have to get a small screwdriver in the gap then it pries right off. Start at the bottom. I found the most room on the right side of the steering column just to the left of those little slots. Remember to measure for room for the back of the switch with wires. I had to tape the switch to the back in a few places remounting the panel to see where it would fit best. I really didn't delve into the area you're talking about.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally had some time to play with the Jeep today.Thanks SouthTJ, the panel popped right off like you said,and I can get to the spot I want to cut switches in nicely,with adequate room for them and the wires above the speaker. It's amazing how ignorant the service dept at the dealer is. They informed me that that side panel is not designed to be removable and that there most likely would be wires in the space where I was trying to cut into, which made me all the more nervous about cutting into my new and expensive JKU. I cant thank you enough for the timely and knowledgeable info. Now if I can only find a 12V illuminated momentary rocker switch, I'll be all set.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
richj said:
Anyone know if holes can be cut in the dash of a 2013 Sahara Unlimited on the left side of the steering column where the swaybar disconnect switches are on Rubi's? Also does the side panel of dash next to driver's door come out easily and does that make it more accessable for snaking wires and seeing what's back there?:confused:
Look at buying an sPod and be done with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at buying an sPod and be done with it.
An sPod is way more hardware than I need to wire an emergency lite and aux driving lite circuits. But I do need an illuminated momentary rocker, similar in appearance to the sPod switches. Know where I can get one?

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
richj said:
An sPod is way more hardware than I need to wire an emergency lite and aux driving lite circuits. But I do need an illuminated momentary rocker, similar in appearance to the sPod switches. Know where I can get one?
There's quite a few on line switch companies, we buy specialty switches from Carling Technologies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts