Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, got a Borla exhaust and I hate the tip it came with. Could I just angle grind it off and will it do any damage to my exhaust system? I'm not worried about the noise, and I might find another tip to throw on there.

·
Registered
189 Posts
X2 with KJDAVIS,..I have the BORLA on mine too..it would sometimes catch on some steep inclines when offroading, so i cut mine back afew inches..level with shackle now,.. and out of harms way much better..do it...wont effect it at all!!

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
Cut the tip off ours after it got smashed a few times, had it turned down and painted black... works great and looks a bazillion times better....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Might want to also check your local regulations if you want your rig to remain street legal. For example, here in Texas, the tip has to extend past the rear tire and must stick out 1/4" outside the body.

'course I dunno if they'll fail your inspection if you don't follow the local regs...just depends on who is doing the inspection, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts