Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I did this yesterday while I was Installing my New Bushwhackers Flat fender :dance: . I was having problems with it rubbing on my 35's and on my stock fender.

yours looks a little cleaner I was using a Angle grinder with a 7" metal grinding blade.
:thumb: That'll work, too.

Just don't use a Dremel to cut the actual metal. Well, if that's all you've got, but I read several threads where people said it took 3-4 cutting bits to get through the seam, and they had to do it in stages so the Dremel wouldn't overheat.

Nice that you could do yours outside, like a civilized person. I was stuck in the garage. –12º here this a.m. The horror. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
:thumb: That'll work, too.

Just don't use a Dremel to cut the actual metal. Well, if that's all you've got, but I read several threads where people said it took 3-4 cutting bits to get through the seam, and they had to do it in stages so the Dremel wouldn't overheat.

Nice that you could do yours outside, like a civilized person. I was stuck in the garage. –12º here this a.m. The horror. :D
WOW thats cold not to rub it in but it was in the 70's here. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice Wolf... We're not that bad over here. But this weekend is the first time it's felt like Winter this year... We still have no snow though. Driving me crazy. If it's gonna be cold, I want to be out cross country skiing!

Ryan

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice Wolf... We're not that bad over here. But this weekend is the first time it's felt like Winter this year... We still have no snow though. Driving me crazy. If it's gonna be cold, I want to be out cross country skiing!

Ryan
lol...I agree. Give me summer or bury me in snow. :punk:

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this KB.
Bookmarked for future reference.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks for the time and effort you put into this KB.
Bookmarked for future reference.
No problem. Hope it helps you out some day. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Thanks KB. Since plans are to start the lift tomorrow night. I decided to get out there and do the pinch seems tonight.

I did manage to cut a little more off on one side. If someone wants to crawl under there and measure, more power to them. It's not bothering me.

The JB weld is on. I am going to touch it up and use some of the touch up paint I painted the rims with to finish it off.

I had this little thing just laying in the tool drawer and it worked perfectly for spreading the JB weld.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Thanks KB. Since plans are to start the lift tomorrow night. I decided to get out there and do the pinch seems tonight.

I did manage to cut a little more off on one side. If someone wants to crawl under there and measure, more power to them. It's not bothering me.

The JB weld is on. I am going to touch it up and use some of the touch up paint I painted the rims with to finish it off.

I had this little thing just laying in the tool drawer and it worked perfectly for spreading the JB weld.

Ha ha...I had the same thought about trying to make it even, then thought, "What, the pinch seam police are gonna come and arrest me?"

Looks good. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Did someone call the Pinch Seam Police?

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Did someone call the Pinch Seam Police?

Holy...:eek:

Thanks for the future nightmares, Matador. God, those shorts...worst pinch seams I've ever seen!

·
Registered
678 Posts
This is how I cut mine. I did the Rubi rails and then trimmed the pinch weld at an angle just like others. I then drilled a 1/4' hole in the outer layer of sheet metal, sprayed some "weld thru coating" up inside between the two layers of sheet metal. I then plug welded the outer piece to the inner piece.

After welding it I cooled it quickly with a damp rag, brushed a little POR-15 on it and then the next day after the POR-15 dried I applied a little paint over the POR-15 just to match with the rest. I guess this is where I can honestly say I am glad it is black, probably the only time I have said that. Lord knows I don't say thank goodness it is black when I have to keep washing it.:banghead:

Mike.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Holy...:eek:

Thanks for the future nightmares, Matador. God, those shorts...worst pinch seams I've ever seen!
worst... or best? He is the pinch seam police after all. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
OH. well........

............. 6-bolt replacements left (front) then Exhaust extensions, brake-line drop brackets and then to the "pinch seam" :thumb:

The MOD addiction continues, as there ia ALWAYS 1-more thing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
678 Posts
............. 6-bolt replacements left (front) then Exhaust extensions, brake-line drop brackets and then to the "pinch seam" :thumb:

The MOD addiction continues, as there ia ALWAYS 1-more thing :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:popcorn:
Yep. There is ALWAYS at least just one more thing. Building them is almost as much fun as driving them, almost.

Mike.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts