Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Rainy day so I finally bit the bullet. Turned out better than expected. Now for some JB Weld.
All done for now. Gotta let the JB cure than its sanding and painting.

Think I'll tackle the rubi rails later.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone trimmed the pinch seam that runs under the jeep along the sides behind the rock sliders? In my case, the paint is all chipping down there and it's ugly as hell.
It sticks out just below my side armor and is to the point where it's embarrassing.

Also, what about the metal inside the rear fender where the stock plastic fenders snap in to? I have flexed a few times and tore a tire up bc it rubbed on that flat metal part that hangs down. I need to figure out if I can trim that off and weld the seam or what.

I was running 37" tires and went down to 35's to avoid this issue but it still happens sometimes.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Has anyone trimmed the pinch seam that runs under the jeep along the sides behind the rock sliders? In my case, the paint is all chipping down there and it's ugly as hell. It sticks out just below my side armor and is to the point where it's embarrassing. Also, what about the metal inside the rear fender where the stock plastic fenders snap in to? I have flexed a few times and tore a tire up bc it rubbed on that flat metal part that hangs down. I need to figure out if I can trim that off and weld the seam or what. I was running 37" tires and went down to 35's to avoid this issue but it still happens sometimes.
Are you talking about what the pictures are of in the first post in this thread?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Are you talking about what the pictures are of in the first post in this thread?
I did that part already. I am talking about from the part that is in the pictures...all the way up towards the front. Where the rock rails usually cover.
I have Smittybilt Armor under the doors. The seam hangs out of the bottom about an inch or so.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
I used this thread as a guide to cut my pinch seams and rubi rock rails last Aug. Here my before and after pics.

Caution: Full images are large.

Before:

After:

61 - 65 of 65 Posts