Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a cylinder 4 misfire and also sometimes a 2. I did already get the left cylinder head replaced under the warranty but it has come back and they even double checked everything and claim it looks good. It also has coil packs which are less than 6 months old and spark plugs that are now brand new. I was more or less curious if anyone else has had this issue and has any ideas? I plan on tracing the wire harness and looking for any obvious frays in the wires, if anyone has a part number for the wire harness I might need or tips on the wiring that goes to the left head that would be helpful. Also plan on taking a look at the injectors however, I do not think that is the issue since there are no other symptoms of that. It is intermittent so when I went to the dealer they claim they couldn't get it to come back on (even though it came back maybe 2 hours of drive time after I left) then charged me to replace the right side spark plugs which were all a year old. Needless to say I won't go back there. Please let me know if any of you have any ideas or similar issues or mostly tips on the wiring harness that goes to the left head as this is what I am really leaning towards. Thanks!!!

·
Retired Moderator
104,369 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
Since it runs O.K., try removing both of you battery cables, and hold the terminal ends together for approx. 30 seconds. Then reinstall. This bleeds down the electrical system, and re-boots your computers.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
If you start getting multiple misfires on different cylinders, but the same side of the engine....beware timing issues. That said, I've had rockers fail and a cam destroyed due to oil issues.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,400 Posts
I've had several multiple misfires and have had each one be an injector. Check impedance on the injector in question. I had C5 misfire a week or so ago. Tore it down again (replaced coils and plugs as well as checking integrity of pigtails first time for C2 misfire) Just to find out its another injector. Both injectors I replaced were diode failures, not clog or nozzle failure. Needless to say I spent the extra money (thanks FCA for switching to a much more expensive injector in 2016!) and replaced all of them. $660 just for injectors.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Both injectors I replaced were diode failures, not clog or nozzle failure. Needless to say I spent the extra money (thanks FCA for switching to a much more expensive injector in 2016!) and replaced all of them. $660 just for injectors.

Holy cow.
$660?
$110/pc?
Dealer charges that much?

What was the part number of injector(s) that failed? 5184085AC?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts